Qoob Chip

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Hells Guardian

Re: Qoob Chip

Post by Hells Guardian » Wed May 04, 2011 2:50 am

If it boots with Qoob why cant you load up the Gecko OS GC version and use it with wiird?
patters

Post by patters » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Just got my qoob pro from emukidid installed today. Cheers man. Just when I was wondering whether it had got lost it turned up. I already have a Qoob SX so I assumed it was pin-compatible with the wiring I had already done, which it is. Yay, no soldering. I was confused for a while because it arrived with no BIOS on at all (I had thought the Qoob-flash-13.exe program was only for adding software, not BIOS).

I have a question - is it possible to add programs to the flash memory later on using the BBA? I don't really want to have to mess about with that ribbon cable thing if I can avoid detaching that part of the PCB.

EDIT, ah - now I'm re-assembling I can see that leaving that bit of PCB attached is a bad idea - it would obstruct the airflow from the heatsink:

Attachments
side_view_.jpg
(161.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:14 pm

put some double sided tape behind the bottom left of the chip as seen in that picture and put it flush against the metal and it will stay away from the air holes. The GC is tough enough to run with no airflow anyway ;)
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

He's right. those little suckers hold up pretty well even in a microwave lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvbZTVa7U-A
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Hm this seems to be a very interesting YT channel :D
patters

Post by patters » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Cheers, that wasn't a photo of mine - just one I found online. I have mine jammed hard over to the left (my blue wires are a little longer than that example. I finally bothered to sort out my DVD drive POT today too. All discs read fine now. Before it was about 20% chance of booting burned media. Took it from 210ohms to 181.

EDIT - was offering a Qoob SX for sale, but I've moved it to the marketplace.
Last edited by patters on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hells Guardian

Post by Hells Guardian » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:35 am

I'd post that up in the Market place forum m8. sounds like a great deal I'm sure it'll sell if posted in the right place for people to see. ;)
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:58 am

Hells Guardian wrote:I'd post that up in the Market place forum m8. sounds like a great deal I'm sure it'll sell if posted in the right place for people to see. ;)
yes please. don't threadjack ;)
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
patters

Post by patters » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:24 pm

I hadn't seen there was a proper marketplace - been away from these parts for a long time :)

I have another Qoob question - since I've had mine, the reset button on my console hasn't worked at all. And the IGR feature never works. Looking on Google it seems both ought to bring me to the original IPL. Does this indicate one of my solder connections is bad? If so, any idea which one?
Optimised

Post by Optimised » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi emu_kidid

I ordered the Qoob pro modchip. How long would it take to arrive in the UK?

thank you in advance
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Optimised wrote:Hi emu_kidid

I ordered the Qoob pro modchip. How long would it take to arrive in the UK?

thank you in advance
Mine took ten days or so along with the holographic Qoob jewel. Thanks emu_kidid :)
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
Optimised

Post by Optimised » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:27 am

Brilliant I cannot wait when this arrives!!!
I am going to send it tpo playbackups to install it for me as i have no experience in such things!

Only doing so that i can try and force 480p - I have a component cable so i thought I might as take advantage of it. I do not want to replace all my game library with usa games with free loader - the quickest way to experience 480p goodness is to get qoob pro. I will do a compatibiloty list with my games for this once it sorted.

brilliant site by the way. Good to see cube enthusiats around.
Optimised

Post by Optimised » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 am

Brilliant, modchip came yesterday. Going to get it installed over the weekend.
Will post the pal progressive scan results next week hopefully.
cheers emu_kidid
MixMasterMike

Post by MixMasterMike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi, I also bought a Qoob SX on the online shop, but since paying for it, I got no response whatsoever. Is this still a working shop and a trustworthy seller?
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:46 am

MixMasterMike wrote:Hi, I also bought a Qoob SX on the online shop, but since paying for it, I got no response whatsoever. Is this still a working shop and a trustworthy seller?
yep it's all good as explained in the other thread by our trustworthy seller himself.
also: wrong thread :P
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
magic13

Post by magic13 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:43 am

With the Qoob pro, is it possible to launch games via an external hard disk with the USB Cable?

Thanks!
sakamoto

Post by sakamoto » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:58 am

no.
Image DOL-001 EUR Viper GC Extreme | Image DOL-001 EUR Wiikey Fusion or Wode? (soon)
magic13

Post by magic13 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:31 pm

ok, so I'll need to burn them on dvds each time?
pr0ton

Post by pr0ton » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 pm

magic13 wrote:ok, so I'll need to burn them on dvds each time?
Qoob>Action Replay thing>SD Gecko>Swiss is an option I think, but DVDs will give best compatibility (till now).
DOL-001&DOL-101 <- PAL
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:41 pm

I recently got my Qoob Pro chip to mod my Panny Q. Man that thing is busy in there. I have a question about what, if anything, I do with two plugs attached to wires that come out of the chip? I guess in the regular Gamecube they plug into where the eject button goes? Is it superfluous for the GCN?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm

yes, I'm not sure where those would go on the panasonic Q but if you use something like Swiss for your two disc games you should be ok :)
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

So I got the chip in, but for some reason it never boots to the Bios. It just boots the Gamecube Bios then displays a red box with an error of some sort, idk, its in Japanese. I've already taken it apart once and found that I had the wires shifted over.
Air Conditioner

Post by Air Conditioner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 am

EDIT: Sorry didn't read that last sentence.

What are these said wires specifically?
Formerly Mizumi
jamisonia

Post by jamisonia » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:10 am

Got it all figured out. Had some pesky ribbon cables that weren't seated properly. Got it up and playing some American Wind Waker. Good stuff, now to figure out all the other stuff I can do with this chip.
pr0ton

Post by pr0ton » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 pm

So after weeks of buying from the webstore, I installed my Qoob Pro. Qoob is doing the job fine, but I have one strange issue:

When the Qoob Pro has run for some time (read: minutes) and I shutdown the Cube, turn it on back again, there is no display output, but the Qoob green LED just works :(. Powering down, powering it up again, doesn't help. I have to wait for several minutes, cool down period?, and I get the Qoob BIOS screen again.

However, when I take the Cube to the attic, where the temperature is about 5 degrees lower, the Qoob Pro functions normally :O. If I take it quickly to the living room again, the Qoob works normally and after let's say 10 minutes, when the Qoob has warmed itself up?, I am running into the same problem.

Not normal I think? Is there a possibility it is something else than a faulty Qoob? I could try to cool the Qoob seperately, to exclude it's not the Cube.
Last edited by pr0ton on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOL-001&DOL-101 <- PAL