WKF / WASP warning and init wiikey fusion error on Wii

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
sirxup

WKF / WASP warning and init wiikey fusion error on Wii

Post by sirxup » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:20 am

I'm really sorry if I'm repeating a post and come off as obnoxious. I do not like posting questions unless I do my research, but I can't find anything with this issue on a Wii that anyone has posted only a gamecube. I ordered my Wasp from Mega's Badassconsoles.com site specifically for my Wii as I prefer hard mods to soft ones. I'm not new to modding I've done it before and have soldering XP. I know this is plug and play so no soldering needed. The first issue I Get is a WKF / WASP warning Invalid WKF / Wasp switch config detected [0X001B0201].. No matter what way I set switches I get this. Is this happening because it's configured for the gamecube ? After this screen it goes to the init wiikey fusion and freezes and that's where it all stops...

I'm assuming these are set to auto boot to swiss rather than wiikey fusion software. I can not find an NTSC version of the firmware only PAL that is on Wasp's site. . I'm taking a heavy course load this semester and I shouldn't be tinkering with this, but I get OCD when I can't figure something out and have to fix it! so help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Attachments
wkf wasp warning.jpg
(457.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
megalomaniac

Re: WKF / WASP warning and init wiikey fusion error on Wii

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:13 am

emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:32 am

after adjusting the switches properly as shown in that pic, post a screenshot of the next error message you get
dont worry if you get an error message after adjusting the switches "properly"...just post a new pic anyways....
it might have some valuable information about wii that might not show up on GC....
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
sirxup

Post by sirxup » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm going to try to mess without now I responded to your message on your website. I'll update you asap. Quick question though did you flash these to run swiss autoboot before sending it out?
sirxup

Post by sirxup » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:50 pm

I looked at this link and read to get to the WBFS menu which i'll try soon. If this is the way to boot wii games. I have to wait till I get another card though. I ordered a few sdhc cards today and a SDGecko / or wii key from deal extreme. Can you still only go up to 4gb with swiss for gamecube or can you go higher in the newer build that came installed on this. I'm assuming this is the swiss nightly build?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1260
iamdablasta

Post by iamdablasta » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:09 pm

You can use up to 128gb I think, personally using 32gb and working perfectly.
You might be thinking of SD media launcher which has a size limit of 4gb iirc.
the game
sirxup

Post by sirxup » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:23 am

iamdablasta wrote:You can use up to 128gb I think, personally using 32gb and working perfectly.
You might be thinking of SD media launcher which has a size limit of 4gb iirc.
Yeah I saw that, I wasn't sure though if that had any other effect. Anyway I got it working I loaded WKF up through the dol file, and then from there I updated the firmware so now it boots up into WKF rather than Swiss when I turn it on.. Kinda wish I didn't though the dual boot I think was actually a better idea to keep but I got a little over zealous once I finally got up and running and just wanted it updated. I think in the future on my other wii I'll keep it the way it is from the get go. Although I kinda didn't do all the proper research I think before applying the install. Can just redirect to this thread though if someone has an issue with there Wii.
sirxup

Post by sirxup » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:32 pm

just for curiosity sake if I wanted to get it back to the swiss autoboot like how it was when I got it... What do I do just reflash with nightly build in the WBFS menu? or do I need to go through a whole process.