Xenogc - Imports not working

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
captcrunch

Xenogc - Imports not working

Post by captcrunch » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:16 am

I have an old DOL-001 which I recently installed a xenogc chip (2.0) in, which I understand allows region free loading. The chip works fine and I could play backups after lowering the pot to ~100. However, my Japanese backup will not load regardless of the pot - instead displaying the 'Error occurred, please turn of Gamecube and consult manual' screen.

Regular disks work, backups work, import backup does not.

Anyone have any idea what's up?
theclaw

Re: Xenogc - Imports not working

Post by theclaw » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:08 am

Technically if a game requires the Japanese IPL/BIOS mode, it won't work, since modchips don't change the console's region.
This page claims Bomberman Jetters (Japan) is that way, though I haven't tested it.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GCOS_Gamec ... st:_NTSC-U
captcrunch

Post by captcrunch » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Hmm, that page seems to be a compatibility list for playing games on the Wii using wiikey and even then the game I can't get to run (Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4) shows compatibility unlike Bomberman on that list.

Supposedly the xenogc allows for region-free loading, but perhaps I do need to use a softmod like GCoS/install a region switch?
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:13 am

Have you tried a genuine import? Might be a bad burn or iso.

This particular message isn't caused by the region. Otherwise the game would be listed as not working.

xenogc does have region-free loading. What I meant is the GameCube's region stays the same, like when using Freeloader or Action Replay.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Boot a copy of the latest nightly Swiss, then try the import from there.