Xeno GC

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
ROCKFORD

Xeno GC

Post by ROCKFORD » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:56 am

Looking to play burned games...and learn how to burn the games[emoji12] seems to be a lot of info readily available on that...my question is the mod chip. There are a few mod chips on ebay and curious of the quality...not real sure xeno is best choice. Sorry I've read I bit before I posted this but still not sureImage
Here is a lamp...completely unrelated but made it for my wife.

Sent from my iPhone 5
megalomaniac

Re: Xeno GC

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:11 am

if you can solder, xeno will work fine
dont worry about "quality" of those xenos, the circuit is simple and hard to screw up even by piss poor cloning standards

just remember, xeno depends on the DVD drive to be fully functional...if your drive or laser go out then you will be out of luck until your can get a new drive
but dont let that stop you, if xeno fits your budget then you have nothing to worry about as its a very solid modchip capable of booting backups / homebrew discs
...and with a swiss DVD you can boot homebrew and backups from SD which will save your drive...

good luck
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
ROCKFORD

Post by ROCKFORD » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:53 am

I've got 2 cubes both work perfect so can part one if comes to it. Also have a zillion NES ROMS so I may need to get the Swiss thing going on and SDML I guess...
Thanks Mega, glad you said that because I already ordered it lol, under 10 bucks and I love to solder

Sent from my iPhone 5
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:11 am

Outstanding for what it is. missing some fancy features but those chips can be hard to find.

To reiterate, megalomaniac is quite serious about the dvd part. A stock xeno boots ONLY from discs.
ROCKFORD

Post by ROCKFORD » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Thanks I'm seeing that. For NES or SNES emulator it looks like I'll need Swiss(on a bootable disc) and a card reader. Going one step at a time, when chip comes in I'll solder it in and burn an random "back up" and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone 5s
ROCKFORD

Post by ROCKFORD » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:55 pm

Picked these up at Walmart to test them out, hope I got the right ones lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s
noobcube

Post by noobcube » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:29 am

The laser might read DVD-RW if you're very lucky and set the potentiometer just right, though I would not count on it. DVD-R is a much better choice.
ROCKFORD

Post by ROCKFORD » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:47 pm

Ok thanks hope I still have receipt, I know they had DVDR.
May try regular dvd and go topless until I get it all figured out between wiped gcm and gamecube rebuilder I have brain overload. Also want to make a bootable Swiss but still need to get the SDloader or gecko...chip hasn't even arrived yet so I'm a ways away.
Thanks for the input guys[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone 5s