WASP 3 won't load WBFS cards, mouting problem, int wiikey problem

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Sandalas[PL]

WASP 3 won't load WBFS cards, mouting problem, int wiikey problem

Post by Sandalas[PL] » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi!
I have three WASP 3, two i've bought from maciek_1988 user, one from http://www.badassconsoles.com site.

1. Mouting problem on WASP 1.4

WASPs 3 from maciek_1988 (he distribute WASPs in Poland by http://www.allegro.pl)

There is two chips, with 1.4 firmware. The problem is, they want not load any sd card. I use WBFS 4.0 to format SDs, and put on the SD some ISOs. I make this SD as is writen in Wiikey Fusion Updating Firmware guide.
http://www.eurasia.nu/mirrors/wiikey_fu ... dates.html. I have also one original Wiikey Fusion, and this method works on it. (I have finished making my WKF GameCube, so i have a little knowledge about WKF). There is also other problem, these Wasps behave strange. If i would like to enter in WASP menu. First I must to make sure the SD isn't plugged in into WASP, then I can turn on Gamecube, when red light appears on WASP, then i must lock the Pin 29 switch, and then WASP boot correctly. If SD card is plugged in into WASP, or Pin 29 switch is locked before turning on Gamecube, blue light lit, and the Gamecube' screen is freeze. I write this because I'm not sure is it normal behave of WASP chips. (WKF boot normal with SD card and with locked Pin 29). So, whatever SD format in WBFS file system I plug in into these WASPs, and WASPs says: Mouting...
Every time both WASP says: Mouting...
So nothing can't be do on these WASP (patching, loading, ect.)
I tried difrent SD cards, 2GB, 8GB HC, nothing works! I read also similar problem to mine :viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2893&hilit=wbfs . I hope that my wasp isn't broken, like WASP in this topic. :(
Probably WKF 1.2 restore ISO for this problem will help.

2. Init WASP on Swiss problem

WASP 3 form http://www.badassconsoles.com (from Megalomaniac)

This WASP has Swiss 0.3 firmware, when I turn on Gamecube, Swiss boot and it says: Init Wiikey Fusion, and blue light lit, and the screen is freezed, or appears WKF/WASP switch error, and here also screen is freezed. So, it is impossible to use or open the SD card directory. I can't even restore WKF firmware. How to fix this problem? My last gamecube which i've made, was on WKF with Swiss autoboot, and this problem doesn't appear. Since i have WASP there are problems with them.

Every of these all three WASPs i've tested on two PAL motherboards (IPL 1.0)

Now i'm really embarrassed with these WASPs, and i'd like to know how to fix them, or are they broken?
Please help me, and thank You for any hint and reply.
P.s. Sorry for english.
andre104623

Re: WASP 3 won't load WBFS cards, mouting problem, int wiikey problem

Post by andre104623 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Your problem is your trying to use WKF firmware on a IPL 1.0 gamecube which it doesn't work. You need IPL 1.1 or 1.2 to use WKF firmware you must use swiss on flash for IPL 1.0.

There is nothing wrong with WASP's they work just like WiiKey fusions that's because there 1:1 clones and there smaller. If your using Swiss on WASP then a FAT32 SD card must be used forget the WBFS SD card just drag and drop .ISO's into root FAT32 SD card and plug into WASP with swiss on flash it should read

The IPL 1.0 thing is kind of spotty though. I had WASP with WKF firmware working on IPL 1.0 I was able to load titles and flash swiss all from my gamecube IPL 1.0 system. It seems that most people can't do this you also need a pin29 switch for the gamecube to read the WASP

I had a problem with my first WASP gamecube viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2385
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:47 pm

PAL IPL 1.0 (the only pal IPL AFAIK) is based on a more recent version than NTSC 1.0 and doesn't have compatibility issues with the wkf firmware.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 pm

There's a PAL 1.1
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Ah right, dol 101.
Sandalas[PL]

Post by Sandalas[PL] » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:28 am

Thank you so mutch guys! Now evertihing is clear! :) Now i must to buy some DOL-101 motherboards, or check how andre104623 is using WASP on IPL 1.0?
novenary

Post by novenary » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:28 am

You don't need a DOL-101. PAL IPL 1.0 is compatible with the WASP.
Sandalas[PL]

Post by Sandalas[PL] » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:24 am

So, how to use it on PAL IPL 1.0, everytime i try to start WASP on IPL 1.0, the Gamecube is freeze. How to propely use pin 29 switch?
Sandalas[PL]

Post by Sandalas[PL] » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Ok i think i almost found the problem. Every WKF/WASP working on one of my DOL-001, but the chips want not working on the other DOL-001s, i think some pin(s) are not soldered properly, on Monday i'll check it.