WASP questions

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Hucklebuck

WASP questions

Post by Hucklebuck » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:45 pm

I have a few questions about the WASP modchip. I understand that it can be used in a GC with a MEGAdrive board adapter.

1. Will it play all titles including games with audio streaming?
2. Can I have a GC or Wii DVD drive and WASP together in my GC? If so what other parts do I need?
3. If I have a WASP and a GC/Wii DVD installed together will I need a drive chip to play backups? Or does the WASP also do that?
4. How do you play multidisc games with WASP?
andre104623

Re: WASP questions

Post by andre104623 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Hucklebuck wrote:I have a few questions about the WASP modchip. I understand that it can be used in a GC with a MEGAdrive board adapter.

1. Will it play all titles including games with audio streaming?
2. Can I have a GC or Wii DVD drive and WASP together in my GC? If so what other parts do I need?
3. If I have a WASP and a GC/Wii DVD installed together will I need a drive chip to play backups? Or does the WASP also do that?
4. How do you play multidisc games with WASP?
1. No, audio streaming does not work with wasp
2. Yes, without the megadrive v4 your going to have a rough time
3. No, swiss will patch the drive to run backups
4. You don't
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:43 pm

1. compatibility is different between swiss and original firmware...
2. yes, use a MEGAdrive + WASP + wii dvd drive = success
3. wasp will patch a wii DVD drive but you will not be able to play audiostreaming backups
4. only original WKF firmware will allow to play multidisc titles, if you have swiss installed you can use WKF_10.dol to load WKF menu thru swiss
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Hucklebuck

Post by Hucklebuck » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:46 am

If I used a GC DVD drive would it play backups that have audio streaming? How would I do that?

I have the Rhea and GDemu and with them if you put the 2nd disc image on another SD card and swap them when it asks for next disc it works. Does the WASP do that too? Would I need a lid switch?

If I boot WKF_10.dol will that allow to play multi disc games?

I'm trying to use just one GC for all purposes. If not I'll have to have 2.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:13 am

my opinion is you are better off with a wii dvd drive if you can find one of the early drive boards
then you can have audiostreaming from disc with a DIY wiikey v1 (same as xeno schematic)

the forum wiki shows the process for multi disc titles, its similar to how you describe but it must be in WBFS format as WKF_10.dol cannot read FAT32 formatted cards
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image