xeno help

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
aenoch

xeno help

Post by aenoch » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:55 am

well ive done some research on the xeno mod chip and i think i mite be able to solder it.

if i went this route all i would need is a gc/wii memory card sd adapter and a burned iso of swiss (imgburn)?

do i need to mess with the pot or anything?

will a 32 gb sd/micro sd card work

do the other mod chips have better features?

is there anyway to tell which version xeno it is from a ebay picture

do people have problems not being able to get these to work right. Is there anything i should know.

my main use for this will be to only run a burnt copy of swiss(only thing i know about) and load my games from a sd card. Is this the best way?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: xeno help

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:50 pm

Install the Xeno, don't screw everything down, try to boot Swiss from DVD-R. If it doesn't boot, mess with the pot until it boots, if you're at a really low ohm reading and it doesn't boot, check that you burned it correctly or consider buying a new laser/GameCube.

A 32GB Micro SD should work, I've used up to 128GB SDXC.

It's probably a XenoGC v2, I'd solder it by wires rather than the quick solder method, way less chance to screw up.

If your only use will be to run Swiss, you might want to try running it through Home Bros. first if you have a copy of Smash Bros. Melee available and a modded Wii
aenoch

Post by aenoch » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:36 am

emu_kidid wrote:
If your only use will be to run Swiss, you might want to try running it through Home Bros. first if you have a copy of Smash Bros. Melee available and a modded Wii
what would i be missing out on if i used smash over xeno i actualy just traded smash for some zelda games
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:59 am

Just faster boot-up time I guess.