Wiikey1 flashed with Xeno FW

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
vinzanity

Wiikey1 flashed with Xeno FW

Post by vinzanity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:37 am

I saw this diagram in the Source code release of Xeno and would like to ask for assistance on the solder points to make the chip flashable so that I could use Xenoflasher and load the firmware of Xeno. I would like to use my spare Wiikey on the Gamecube. Thanks to those that can help. :)

download/file.php?id=387
megalomaniac

Re: Wiikey1 flashed with Xeno FW

Post by megalomaniac » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:16 am

the IC on wiikey is the same as xeno, so the pinout is the same...
compare the points one to one and you will find your jtag points
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
vinzanity

Post by vinzanity » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:34 am

Thanks for your reply sir. On the Xeno you could solder to the XENO letters and the connect to GND, for Wiikey there is no similar location? It has to be an exact pin?
chuchox

Post by chuchox » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:38 am

Hello everyone, can someone tell me if it is necessary to build the programmer (serial, parallel, usb) to put the code of the Xeno GC in the WiiKey (not fusion), by the way I can load the Xeno DOL Flasher Utility, can I install the chip wiikey in the GC and program it at once?, I know that I have connect the RST pin to GND.
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:39 am

If you already have a way to boot the xeno flasher, you don't need another programmer.
chuchox

Post by chuchox » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:52 am

thank you very much
chuchox

Post by chuchox » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Ok, I install the Wiikey chip in my cube following the above schematic, I checked that each point match with those of the XenoGC chip, then I ran the Xeno DOL Flasher Utility, grounded the RST, pressed the A button to program the chip, shut down and turned it back on leaving the start button pressed, did not display the xeno gc menu, and does not load any backup, is there a possibility that the chip is write protected with this method even with pin rst to ground?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:43 pm

That's a possibility. I can't help you much with that, you'll probably need to reprogram the fuses or perform a full erase of the chip with a real programmer.