Issue with Wasp Fusion

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
hootwing

Issue with Wasp Fusion

Post by hootwing » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:11 pm

I recently purchased a Wasp Fusion and megadrive v3 from badassconsoles that had swiss already flashed to it. After assembling my console and testing some games, I worry there may be something wrong. Upon booting I am brought to the gamecube menu, where I can choose to boot Swiss. This is different from what I've seen when other consoles autoboot Swiss, as there it doesn't even seem to go to the menu, but maybe this has been changed. Once Swiss is booted it displays a message saying there was an error reading my Wiikey Fusion sd card and to retry (again, not sure if this is normal). After a few seconds it allows me to choose a device to boot from, and now the Wasp Fusion sd card is read. I've been trying to play Melee (specifically, a slightly modified version, 20xx hack pack 3.0), and the game will boot and play multiplayer matches fine, but runs into issues in single player. All-star mode has crashed after one or two fights every time I've tried it, and once there was even a strange glitch where everything turned negative (coloration) and the characters became completely white models (this occurred immediately upon starting All Star).
I'm not sure if this is normal, if there's a problem with the way I've set things up, or possibly a problem with the Wasp Fusion. I've considered that it could be that the Melee iso I'm using, as it is a modified version of the game, but I've never run into these issues before booting the game from DIOS-MIOS on my wii (though it could be very different). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Wasp Fusion

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:41 pm

hootwing wrote:Upon booting I am brought to the gamecube menu, where I can choose to boot Swiss. This is different from what I've seen when other consoles autoboot Swiss, as there it doesn't even seem to go to the menu, but maybe this has been changed.
This is called autoboot, and your setup is failing to do it, it happens. The Wasp is a closed source device that no one here or at badassconsoles has control over, so it's expected we can't really solve every problem. Read this thread for more info where it's been "solved" viewtopic.php?t=3046
hootwing wrote: Once Swiss is booted it displays a message saying there was an error reading my Wiikey Fusion sd card and to retry (again, not sure if this is normal). After a few seconds it allows me to choose a device to boot from, and now the Wasp Fusion sd card is read.
This is normal on some wasps, for no apparent reason reading from the SD card can fail initially but then works a bit later. I may automate this if I can find a wasp which exhibits this error.
hootwing wrote: I've been trying to play Melee (specifically, a slightly modified version, 20xx hack pack 3.0), and the game will boot and play multiplayer matches fine, but runs into issues in single player. All-star mode has crashed after one or two fights every time I've tried it, and once there was even a strange glitch where everything turned negative (coloration) and the characters became completely white models (this occurred immediately upon starting All Star).
I'm not sure if this is normal, if there's a problem with the way I've set things up, or possibly a problem with the Wasp Fusion. I've considered that it could be that the Melee iso I'm using, as it is a modified version of the game, but I've never run into these issues before booting the game from DIOS-MIOS on my wii (though it could be very different). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This sounds like 20xx either going nuts because of a read error or because it's a modified version. Get another GameCube and try it from DVD disc perhaps. The Wii is an entirely different ball game, don't even bother comparing it.
hootwing

Re: Issue with Wasp Fusion

Post by hootwing » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:30 am

Thanks, this sounds like just a 20xx issue. I did some testing with vanilla Melee all star and it worked fine. Thanks for your help!