Xeno GC Troubles

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
SirJaredSalty

Xeno GC Troubles

Post by SirJaredSalty » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:17 pm

Hey everybody, I have tried installing my Xeno GC onto two Dol-101 boards. Each time the Xeno GC blinks twice (as expected) but stays red, and doesn't change green or orange. It is still able to boot up burned games though (which I find odd), but only works about 50% of the time. When the game doesn't boot up I get the red error message saying to check the gamecube instructions for details. It's just a hit or miss whether or not the games boot, and it's really confusing me. I've never read anyone else having this problem and am wondering if anyone has any advice? Thanks.
paulness15

Re: Xeno GC Troubles

Post by paulness15 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:42 pm

You may need to adjust the laser POT.... Check Google on this.
--
NTSC Gamecube with GBA Player (Xeno-GC with Swiss)
PAL Gamecube with GBA Player (Xeno-GC with Swiss and SD Loader)
PSP (CFW)
PAL Xbox 360
NTSC PS4
SirJaredSalty

Post by SirJaredSalty » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:56 pm

paulness15 wrote:You may need to adjust the laser POT.... Check Google on this.
Shouldn't my Xeno still change color? Also, I thought that even if the POT needs adjusting, then that error message still shouldn't come up. I'm pretty sure it should just go to the gamecube menu screen and say no game is in the tray.
paulness15

Post by paulness15 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:08 pm

SirJaredSalty wrote:
Shouldn't my Xeno still change color? Also, I thought that even if the POT needs adjusting, then that error message still shouldn't come up. I'm pretty sure it should just go to the gamecube menu screen and say no game is in the tray.
Could be a bad DVD-R, dirty lens or POT needs adjustment. The same error comes up with an original Gamecube disc that is excessively scratched.
--
PSP (CFW)
PAL Xbox 360
NTSC PS4
SirJaredSalty

Post by SirJaredSalty » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:09 pm

paulness15 wrote:
SirJaredSalty wrote:
Could be a bad DVD-R, dirty lens or POT needs adjustment. The same error comes up with an original Gamecube disc that is excessively scratched.
Ah okay. I'll adjust the POT and test out the games to see the working percentage. Still odd that the Xeno doesn't change colors :?
paulness15

Post by paulness15 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:38 pm

SirJaredSalty wrote:
paulness15 wrote:
SirJaredSalty wrote:
Ah okay. I'll adjust the POT and test out the games to see the working percentage. Still odd that the Xeno doesn't change colors :?
Was it soldered correctly, perhaps there is a bad connection. Did you test with a multimeter?
--
PSP (CFW)
PAL Xbox 360
NTSC PS4
SirJaredSalty

Post by SirJaredSalty » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:31 pm

paulness15 wrote:
SirJaredSalty wrote:
paulness15 wrote:
Was it soldered correctly, perhaps there is a bad connection. Did you test with a multimeter?
I'm 100% sure its soldered correctly, it wouldn't be booting my burned games if a connection was wrong. I've used 2 cubes and have done wires to ensure a higher success rate. Perhaps its a Dol-101 thing? Or maybe it's my Xeno. Because for some reason the word "Xeno" on the chip looks different from ones I've seen on google. Anyways, yes I adjusted the POT with a multimeter (POT was in the 500's) and put it down to 195. My burned games now work 100% of the time. I'll also go home tonight and check my Xeno status to see what version it is.
EDIT: I booted up while holding start and get XenoGc Shell v1.05
koik69

Post by koik69 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:48 pm

I installed two chips yesterday and got the solid red light too on both. I'm thinking it's the provider from over seas. The previous batch of Xeno's were amber light I believe.

So, first the light blinks constantly (sets of two blinks) if not installed correctly, If installed correctly ( I Hope) the light stays red. It plays the media I throw at it with no problems but I have not tested it for prolonged game play.

I have no skills when it comes to soldering but at least I purchased a decent iron with a very fine point to do the job and an extra pair of eyes. I make a little blob on the soldiering points on the the drive and then set the chip and more solder. Out of six game cubes, only two needed POT adjustments. 3 out of six had to redo the solder.