ViperGC Extreme Disaster

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
MarioMario66666

ViperGC Extreme Disaster

Post by MarioMario66666 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:48 pm

So just as I posted about getting .cod cheat files to work on my Viper. Here we have another post about the damn chip not even booting into cobra.
I tried to flash Cobra 1.0 on the chip however something happen and now whenever i boot up my GameCube the light on the chip comes on and the USB adapter detects the chip but the cobra menu doesn't come up, I think I have totally f**ked up my chip now and I hoping there is some sort of solution. Yes I have tried re-flashing but the progression bar doesn't make any progression.

No Progression (Trying to re-flash v1.6 instead)

Even the viper programming screen doesn't come up like it did when i first got the chip on ebay boxed with everything still sealed.
I really hope i can fix it as it is one of the coolest things I own and if its completely f**ked then I have no idea how I would ever find another one.
Looking for:

Viper, Icedcube and Xcm cases.
Qoob, Viper and official Xeno modchips.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: ViperGC Extreme Disaster

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:19 pm

Is your Viper Extreme USB adapter set to Viper Disable/Programming Enabled? Have a play with the DIP switches there.
MarioMario66666

Post by MarioMario66666 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:49 am

No go, have tried a Windows 7 and Windows 8 computer and all the different dip switch combinations. I think it might have something to do with the drivers as it erases the chip and the gets stuck on "writing"
Looking for:

emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:57 am

There was a recent change in FTDI drivers which affects "clone" FTDI hardware and can break functionality. Uninstall the driver completely and use the original Win7 driver from the Viper GC thread here.

Worst case you may need to hunt down a parallel port programmer and do it that way.
MarioMario66666

Post by MarioMario66666 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:13 am

I see. Well I Reinstalled the Win7 drivers from the ViperGC thread on my Windows 7 PC however when i boot up ViperFlasherUSB10 It still erases the chip and then says "writting" but dose not make any progression. I had a look at my fcc flat cable and it looks kind of busted, perhaps that could be the issue?

Underside of my Gamecube:

I have bought a replacement fcc cable just in case.

Viper USB Adapter Driver Status:
Looking for:

MarioMario66666

Post by MarioMario66666 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:26 am

Sorry for double posting ;)

I managed to fix the damn thing by using the original computer from which I flashed from. It's weird how a mac with a vm of windows worked and not my own windows 7 pc haha.

Thanks for all the help emu_Kidd :D

And for anyone reading this post for troubleshooting. If you accidentally bricked you viper or it won't flash, try doing it on the original computer you flashed it on as that worked for me.
And if it came bricked try doing it on an older computer.
DSC_0409.JPG
Who hooooooo
(2.93 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Looking for: