qoob or xenochip

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
LottieBot Turbo

qoob or xenochip

Post by LottieBot Turbo » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:16 am

hey guys just wondering what is the difference between the two, which do you think is the best in the long run and what is your favorite features and why thanks
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: qoob or xenochip

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:11 am

Compare them yourself: Qoob vs XenoGC

Here's a somewhat outdated grid which compares them all: ModThatCube BIOS Comparison

Basically the XenoGC is a modchip for the drive, whilst a Qoob is a modchip that overwrites the functionality of the GameCube from power on by offering a BIOS replacement. That being said, they both end up running basically the same code either way at the end when you end up running something like Swiss. I'd recommend a XenoGC in the short term while your drive still works and because they're cheap.
LottieBot Turbo

Re: qoob or xenochip

Post by LottieBot Turbo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:56 am

emu_kidid wrote:Compare them yourself: Qoob vs XenoGC

Here's a somewhat outdated grid which compares them all: ModThatCube BIOS Comparison

Basically the XenoGC is a modchip for the drive, whilst a Qoob is a modchip that overwrites the functionality of the GameCube from power on by offering a BIOS replacement. That being said, they both end up running basically the same code either way at the end when you end up running something like Swiss. I'd recommend a XenoGC in the short term while your drive still works and because they're cheap.
sweet im gonna be building my own clone XenoGC for easier installation (cuz dabbing solder on the dvd pads are a pain) but i want to show you my progress in the future :3