Qoob Pro/SX - Panasoniq Q - No drive information

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
LSL84

Qoob Pro/SX - Panasoniq Q - No drive information

Post by LSL84 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi everybody! I'm Brazilian and newer on this forum.

In 2015 I bought 2 Qoob modchips, an Sx and 1 month later a Pro. First I installed Qoob SX, when I turned Panasonic Q on I not got the drive information. I tought that was a modchip defect and I bought a Qoob Pro. I modified solder points and when I turned it on I also not drive information. It cant read burned mini-DVDR but I can play DVD video.

I got a freeze "please wait" message and a got SYSTEM DOL001 (JPN) instead SYSTEM SL-GC10.

What can I do?

https://youtu.be/lQQTbzVVKFw
Marmotta

Re: Qoob Pro/SX - Panasoniq Q - No drive information

Post by Marmotta » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:53 pm

Was the Q reading GC discs fine before the Qoob install? I've installed a Qoob SX in a Panasonic Q and it worked fine, so perhaps it's an issue with the drive even if it can still read video DVDs.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:35 pm

LSL84 wrote:Hi everybody! I'm Brazilian and newer on this forum.

In 2015 I bought 2 Qoob modchips, an Sx and 1 month later a Pro. First I installed Qoob SX, when I turned Panasonic Q on I not got the drive information. I tought that was a modchip defect and I bought a Qoob Pro. I modified solder points and when I turned it on I also not drive information. It cant read burned mini-DVDR but I can play DVD video.

I got a freeze "please wait" message and a got SYSTEM DOL001 (JPN) instead SYSTEM SL-GC10.

What can I do?

https://youtu.be/lQQTbzVVKFw
The way it detects SL-GC10 is via the drive date string, since it doesn't recognise that it means that it can't talk to the drive. Double check that you have plugged everything in properly, especially the adapter that goes from the ribbon cable to the GameCube motherboard.
LSL84

Post by LSL84 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi guys thanks for answers!
Marmotta wrote:Was the Q reading GC discs fine before the Qoob install? I've installed a Qoob SX in a Panasonic Q and it worked fine, so perhaps it's an issue with the drive even if it can still read video DVDs.
This GC was not new, I bought from another person, but it seems not been open before. I don't have GC games, so I don't know if It was reading GC discs before Qoob Sx install.
emu_kidid wrote:The way it detects SL-GC10 is via the drive date string, since it doesn't recognise that it means that it can't talk to the drive. Double check that you have plugged everything in properly, especially the adapter that goes from the ribbon cable to the GameCube motherboard.
All wires and modchip's adapter were checked and ok!

I bought in September 2 units of RAF3011A optical laser from Ali Express and I waiting it arrive. I hope that it come in December and we know if was a problem with optical laser or a motherboard problem.

https://goo.gl/photos/BmLmWTH4d6JAz7cd6
LSL84

Post by LSL84 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:04 am

After 5 years it was fixed. It was the 32-pin FFC between GC board and laser controller board!