Couple of questions about WODE Jukebox Gamecube install

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Marmotta

Couple of questions about WODE Jukebox Gamecube install

Post by Marmotta » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:53 pm

I have a WODE and a couple of questions regarding using it with my Gamecube...

I installed it and can boot the WODE menu and run discs with a Wii DVD drive, but haven't managed to boot an iso. I have a folder named "iso" in the root of the USB drive and have placed one iso (tried both .iso and .gcm extensions) inside that folder, but I can't see anything appear on the selection screen. The only external drive I have is an NTFS-formatted 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive, so I don't know if there are limitations on the drive that can be used.

I also managed to put the WODE into "flat mode" and can't get back out again :oops: Apparently, the way to exit is to double press eject on the Wii or press Wii eject and the Wode joystick at the same, but as it is connected to a Gamecube, I obviously can't do that... Any guesses as to how I can get it out of flat mode?
Marmotta

Re: Couple of questions about WODE Jukebox Gamecube install

Post by Marmotta » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:12 pm

OK, so I did a bit more reading and wired up an eject button for the Wii DVD drive which works fine for ejecting DVDs, but it still won't let me exit flat mode when I press eject and the WODE joystick at the same time. I updated the WODE firmware in the hope that it might reset the settings, but no luck :cry:

I've connected my momentary switch to an alternate point I found on the Wii DVD drive for pin 29 and have connected GND and 1.9V at the power regulator connection on the Gamecube motherboard - are there more suitable places to solder the switch which might help me out?

Attachments
20161002_160120_zpsh66noy7i.jpg
(190.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:38 pm

If you read through that massive thread where Ashen/everyone were trying to figure out the pinout you might find the answer, I can't remember.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi, about the placing of ISO images. I know my folder is named "ISO" (uppercase), but I think it shouldn't matter. But you never know. You could try, to rename it to uppercase. :?
Also: I switched over using the SD slot, because the USB 2.0 flash drive I used, was a bit unreliable.
Have you tried using another ISO? Maybe something's wrong with it.
Marmotta

Post by Marmotta » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:55 pm

I think I tried using uppercase and lowercase file names. I have just tested the one ISO and considered using another one, but I can't check it until I manage to get the thing out of flat mode. Would the WODE not display connected drives even if there was nothing on them though?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:48 pm

Marmotta wrote:I think I tried using uppercase and lowercase file names. I have just tested the one ISO and considered using another one, but I can't check it until I manage to get the thing out of flat mode. Would the WODE not display connected drives even if there was nothing on them though?
I think everything has to go in /iso/ on the device. Even if you have nothing plugged into it it should still load up the config iso or at least show you the menu
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Did the USB drive even appear on the device selection screen? There should be atleast two entries of devices. One "ram1 WODE RO 1" (internal wode storage contains the default menu) and one "sda1 [filesys] RW [number]".
Sorry I have no guess about how to exit the flat mode. Isn't there some recovery image out there? I think there was something out there to fix your bricked WODE.
Marmotta

Post by Marmotta » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:25 pm

I got a Wii in order to get it out of flat mode, so that's that issue out of the way for now, although I would like to find a proper long-term solution.

Are there known compatibility issues with the WODE? I did manage to get a 2GB USB 2.0 drive to work, but neither of my two 3.0 drives (both the same model) work. I have also tried some SDXC and SDHC cards, but neither of them worked.
andzlay

Post by andzlay » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 pm

How did you format those SDHC/SDXC cards? I'm using a cheap "SAVETEC 64 GB" class 10 SDXC card, formatted with FAT32.
Marmotta

Post by Marmotta » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:25 am

I tried a couple of things, but one of them was formatting them in FAT32. Maybe the cluster size was an issue, although I'm sort of clutching at straws.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:49 pm

have you updated wode to Firmware 2.8A?
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
Marmotta

Post by Marmotta » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Yep, I upgraded it to 2.8A, but it didn't make any difference as to what it would recognise. I've tried a bunch of different options, but the only thing that has shown up at all is the 2GB USB 2.0 flash drive I mentioned before.
Marmotta

Post by Marmotta » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:03 am

Picked up a cheap USB 2.0 external hard drive which works fine, although still no luck with the SD reader.