Orig disc game freezes at start up screen

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
gcboy

Orig disc game freezes at start up screen

Post by gcboy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:00 am

Hi there! I hope someone can help me with my gamecube xeno gc issue.

I recently installed a Xeno GC chip on a Japanese Gamecube. The problem is when i start this one orig game i have, it freezes on startup screen but works fine when loaded from Swiss. Does not freeze but works fine before the XenoGC installation.

XenoGC installation seemes fine. Red light and orange light up just fine. Burned games with a full size dvd-r works just fine. I also tested it with another orig disc Gameboy Player while pressing the start button and i can see "Xenogc Shell v1.05" on my tv screen. Loading games from sdcard via sdgecko also works.

I only have two original games to test.
Luigi's Mansion (the one the freezes on start up screen)
Gameboy Player (works fine)
vinzanity

Re: Orig disc game freezes at start up screen

Post by vinzanity » Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 am

I experienced this also when using a Xeno GC. The Japanese game causes the Gamecube animation to freeze.
gcboy

Post by gcboy » Wed May 17, 2017 3:37 am

vinzanity wrote:I experienced this also when using a Xeno GC. The Japanese game causes the Gamecube animation to freeze.
Is there a workaround?

I don't think it's the japan game cd that's causing it. The japan Gameboy Player disc does not freeze. I don't have any US games right now so i cant test further.

I installed the xeno gc on both Japanese Gamecube and both freeze when loading Luigi's Mansion They don't freeze before the XenoGC installation.
vinzanity

Post by vinzanity » Wed May 17, 2017 11:35 am

What I meant was the Japanese Luigi's Mansion was the only disc freezing from my japanese game collection. The US version of the game works fine in Xeno GC (Orig,burned).
gcboy

Post by gcboy » Wed May 17, 2017 4:00 pm

vinzanity wrote:What I meant was the Japanese Luigi's Mansion was the only disc freezing from my japanese game collection. The US version of the game works fine in Xeno GC (Orig,burned).
Thank you!