MEGAdrive or any other quick solder WASP board in 2018?

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
ShredderN64

MEGAdrive or any other quick solder WASP board in 2018?

Post by ShredderN64 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:23 pm

Hey there, everyone. Recently I was absolutely gobsmacked to have a friend of mine ask me to put a WASP in his GameCube. Obviously just seeing a WASP in 2018 was crazy, but I was even more amazed he had any interest in modding; I'm fairly certain he's never opened a system, let alone hold a soldering iron- then again, that's why he came to me. Now, before anyone gets excited, he got it from badassconsoles years ago and never did anything with it, and apparently forgot to buy a MEGAdrive while he was at it. I know you CAN install a WASP without a special board, but quite frankly I'm not skilled or patient enough to do.

I'm looking to see if anyone has a spare V3 or V5 they'd be willing to sell me, or if anyone has made/can make a similar board on OSH Park. As of writing, they've been out of stock on badassconsoles for sometime now, which is understandable since there aren't really any WASPs to go with it. I've tried contacting Mega through Twitter since he took down other contact info from his site, but I'd imagine my messages would've been lost in a flood of others about GCvideo. It's a bit of a long shot, but any help is appreciated. :D
novenary

Re: MEGAdrive or any other quick solder WASP board in 2018?

Post by novenary » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:28 pm

https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewt ... =26&t=3636
I really don't like this guy's PCB routing, but this is reportedly working.
ShredderN64

Post by ShredderN64 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:38 pm

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for! I promise I searched beforehand, but I always forget QSB is an acronym... Cheers!
boredomca

Post by boredomca » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:42 pm

I have a couple v3's I could part with
Thomu

Post by Thomu » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:22 pm

boredomca wrote:I have a couple v3's I could part with
I would like to buy those from you.