Cobra, GCOS, or XenoGC - which is better for booting up game

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
gtmtnbiker

Cobra, GCOS, or XenoGC - which is better for booting up game

Post by gtmtnbiker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Has anyone ever did some experiments to determine for a Viper GC Extreme if the Cobra BIOS or GCOS BIOS was better than the other? On my Viper, I have GCOS flashed on memory. I upgraded the Viper to Cobra 2.1. I found some games would work better without DREs with Cobra and others would work better with GCOS.

Sometimes neither worked well and I would end up playing the original instead (e.g, Paper Mario TTYD).

Also, how does the XenoGC compare to the Viper GC? Which tends to be better at booting games?

Curious if anyone has done research on this. Also, if you have a Qoob, was curious as how it compared with Viper/Xeno.
Dragoon

Re: Cobra, GCOS, or XenoGC - which is better for booting up

Post by Dragoon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:55 pm

All my games play fine on Cobra 2.1, but some don't boot when cheats are added. (they work with cheats on swiss)
And with GCoS I don't have many problems either, never used a XenoGC though,
I tried to install one in to one of my portables, but the pads lifted on the chip itself (next I'm definitely going to use wires..)
gtmtnbiker

Post by gtmtnbiker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 pm

Maybe my problem was with the rip? The game that gave me the most trouble was Paper Mario TTYD. I should try ripping it myself. I had previously used some scene release that I found on the net.

The game would play mostly fine but then I would get a DRE at certain points (not always reproducible).
Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Ok, Paper Mario TTYD always worked for me.
Btw all my games are from a friend, wich I rip games from (ok not all, but most are).