[solved] Viper GC Extreme Blackscreen after DVD Update to Cobra 2.1

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
seeWood

[solved] Viper GC Extreme Blackscreen after DVD Update to Cobra 2.1

Post by seeWood » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:34 am

Hey folks,

i received a Viper GC Extreme Chip. The updating process to Cobra 2.1 with a DVD ends up with "Update successful" but after a restart the screen stays black. From now on i start up the Gamecube and it boots right into a blackscreen.

So i started to get the USB connection but i'm not getting it to work with Windows 10.

what i've tried already:
- Install Win7 Drivers from the ViperGC Topic and boot the USB Flasher with Win7 compatibility - didnt work
- Install the FTDI Drivers with added Viper USB Adapter support. (read about that on gc-forever and did all the steps that are recommended) - didnt work (Viper USB Adapter is connected but can't communicate with the Viper GC Extreme)
- After the FTDI Driver i tried it with the Cobra Manager - didnt work too (Cobra BIOS is not responding - make Switches OFF)
- changed the flat flex cable from Viper GC Extreme to the USB Adapter - didnt work.
- changed the AV Cable, both - composite and official RGB Cable dont displaying anything.

So i dont know what is the problem exactly... can someone help me out off that Blackscreen?

Additional info:
when i unplug the Viper GC the Gamecube starts just fine in the offical IPL.
All Switches from the Viper USB Adapter are set to suggested positions

thanks in advance
Last edited by seeWood on Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
seeWood

Re: Viper GC Extreme Blackscreen after DVD Update to Cobra 2.1

Post by seeWood » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:48 am

Anyone around here who can help me troubleshooting?

In the meantine i've tried a Win XP Laptop but it doesnt work neither. CobraManager and the Cobra USB Flash Tool says no connection.

So what can cause the Blackscreen when the Viper Chip is plugged in? maybe it was a bad burned dvd when i recently tried to update the viper gc but how to get back the bios and flash a good bios update?
toxic9

Re: Viper GC Extreme Blackscreen after DVD Update to Cobra 2.1

Post by toxic9 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:05 pm

Hi friend,

I can unbrick it for you if you need.
Send me PM.
seeWood

Re: [solved] Viper GC Extreme Blackscreen after DVD Update to Cobra 2.1

Post by seeWood » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:33 am

ok guys, quick response here. A friend of mine has a viper gc extreme, i was able to test everything out and it is a faulty usb adapter. Neither Cobra Manager or Viper Flasher USB are not working with my USB Adapter.

With the USB Adapter of my friend it works perfectly and i could flash the viper again - now it boots into the cobra bios again.