Picoboot issues, gecko not located at first then loads swiss from gecko

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Kxdxbox

Picoboot issues, gecko not located at first then loads swiss from gecko

Post by Kxdxbox » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:10 pm

Hi I'm new to this forum so not sure if this is in the right place.

I have recently installed the picoboot mod chip into my gamecube and have it working but doesn't seem to work as it should. To start with it tells me that a gecko isn't present then loads from my gecko in slot b which makes booting an ipl really slow.

Does anyone know why it wouldn't locate my gecko to start with then load from it later?
Kxdxbox

Re: Picoboot issues, gecko not located at first then loads swiss from gecko

Post by Kxdxbox » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:37 pm

20240114_162848.jpg
(2.78 MiB) Not downloaded yet
20240114_163232.jpg
(3.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Nick.Ren

Post by Nick.Ren » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:55 am

If your NGC is the first version (DOL-001) which has the serial port2 (SP2), you can try it with a sd2sp2 adapter.
Attachments
3.jpg
(194.96 KiB) Not downloaded yet
2.jpg
(191.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
1.jpg
(174.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:44 am

Kxdxbox wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:10 pm
Hi I'm new to this forum so not sure if this is in the right place.

I have recently installed the picoboot mod chip into my gamecube and have it working but doesn't seem to work as it should. To start with it tells me that a gecko isn't present then loads from my gecko in slot b which makes booting an ipl really slow.

Does anyone know why it wouldn't locate my gecko to start with then load from it later?
You're confused. USB gecko is a different device from SD adapters, it's used as a serial port for development purposes.

I'm going to need more details to help you. How exactly is it slow? It should skip past every missing device pretty much instantly. Please describe exactly what it's doing, or even better post a video.
Kxdxbox

Post by Kxdxbox » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:31 pm

Oh sorry I fixed the issue I was having seems like the v0.3 of picoboot doesn't like my console so instead of finding the ipl where it was it would skip most of them saying devices are not present then eventually boot the ipl (swiss) as a sdb( im not really sure what an sdb is) so I down graded to the v0.2 of the picoboot and now it instantly finds the sd memory card adapter and boots the ipl with no issues.

On another note I still can't get an sd2sp2 to work on my console. I would like it to work for it to be tucked away but I am able to play my backups so I'm not that fussed.

Thanks for getting back to me I should of updated when I sorted the issue.