Viper GC -> Fatal Error

ViperGC/Qoob/etc
Ridley

Viper GC -> Fatal Error

Post by Ridley » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi everybody,
I have a problem, I have a Viper GC installed on my Gamecube and sometimes, when I power ON the cube, the disc doesn't spin and I can see the image of cobra 2.1 saying "fatal error #02".
So I turned off the cube and tried to reboot and then it booted correctly..
My questions are: what's the matter with that? What is "fatal error #02" and when is it shown?

Thanks a lot for your help
SouLSLayeR

Re: Viper GC -> Fatal Error

Post by SouLSLayeR » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Some quick googling and...
I know now completely what the issue was. It happend again to me, so I started investigating everything. It delt with the eject button. In the far back of the gamecube, there are two thin pieces of plastic, which are the lid sensor. Now, I had the top cover off, and I turned on the gc, with no problems. Now, I held the lid sensor down with my finger, and the message came on! Now, I looked at the piece the connects from the chip to the original gc lid sensor wiring, and noticed that the motherboard for it was slightly making contact with the metal shielding. I decided to take the flexwire for the gc programmer, and set it behind the motherboard for the lid sensor wiring. I turned the gc back on with my fingers still pressed on the lid sensor switch, and it booted fine! I screwed the case back onto the gc, and tried booting it again, it booted fine! So, there's your "Fatal Error #02" It deals with the lid sensor.
sauce: http://fileforums.com/archive/index.php/t-67726.html