Game Boy Interface

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:54 pm

DorDur215 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:40 pm
Hello I've been trying to configure GBI SR to my liking but I can't seem to get my desired results.

I'm trying to get GBI SR working in as close to fullscreen and correct aspect ratio on my Samsung 4k TV (2021) with a GCVideo-DVI 3.1 HDMI Adapter.

I've tried the gbihf-gcdv-v3 preset but my tv doesn't seem to to be able to display 720×960i so I need settings that work in 480p.

I've also tried the following settings from the wiki:

--zoom=2.53125:3
--format=custom,offset=0,scaled-size=0:0
--scan-mode=progressive

And while those settings seemed to be fullscreen at first I later noticed that it cuts off a bit of the image at the top and bottom.

So my question is is there any way that I could get 16:9 as close to fullscreen as possible on GBI SR?
It's the TV that's cutting off the picture. Simply scale the zoom factor to compensate. (example: --zoom=2.3203125:2.75)
DorDur215
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by DorDur215 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:04 pm

Extrems wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:54 pm
DorDur215 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:40 pm
Hello I've been trying to configure GBI SR to my liking but I can't seem to get my desired results.

I'm trying to get GBI SR working in as close to fullscreen and correct aspect ratio on my Samsung 4k TV (2021) with a GCVideo-DVI 3.1 HDMI Adapter.

I've tried the gbihf-gcdv-v3 preset but my tv doesn't seem to to be able to display 720×960i so I need settings that work in 480p.

I've also tried the following settings from the wiki:

--zoom=2.53125:3
--format=custom,offset=0,scaled-size=0:0
--scan-mode=progressive

And while those settings seemed to be fullscreen at first I later noticed that it cuts off a bit of the image at the top and bottom.

So my question is is there any way that I could get 16:9 as close to fullscreen as possible on GBI SR?
It's the TV that's cutting off the picture. Simply scale the zoom factor to compensate. (example: --zoom=2.3203125:2.75)
Thanks a lot! That did the trick!
DorDur215
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by DorDur215 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:14 am

Hello it's me again.

I'm having another issue.

I'd like to get GBI SR to display 3x zoomed 4:3 specifically for GB/GBC but the aspect ratio seems to be off.

I tried the following settings that the wiki mentioned:

--zoom=3
--vfilter=.5:.25:.25
--scan-mode=interlace

--zoom=3
--vfilter=.5:.5:.0:.5:.0:.5
--scan-mode=non-interlace

--zoom=3
--scan-mode=progressive

I am using a GCVideo HDMI Adapter.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I found a solution. I just had to disable the "Resolution Fix" setting in my GCVideo HDMI Adapter! Now the aspect ratio is correct.
DorDur215
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by DorDur215 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:52 pm

Hello again!

I'm extremely sorry and I really don't wanna bother anyone but I have an issue.

The problem is that I get what seems like stuttering for 5 seconds in very consistent intervals (something like every 20-30 minutes, I haven't timed it tho).

The stuttering happens in all games I've tried (Kirby Amazing Mirror, Rhythm Tengoku, Pokemon Emerald) in seemingly random places but in consistent intervals as mentioned above.

I am using GBISR with a GCVideo 3.1 HDMI adapter on a 2021 Samsung 4k tv.

My GBISR DOL+CLI is using these settings:

--zoom=2
--no-overlay
--scaler=nearest
--profile=srgb
--volume=0.5
--sound=digital
--format=custom,offset=0,scaled-size=0:0
--scan-mode=progressive
--no-enhance

Could the fact that I'm using GBISR on a modern tv be the issue because of the weird gba refresh rate?
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:06 pm

Nah, it's a problem most commonly seen with --format=custom where the Game Boy Player's VSync is straddling the GameCube's VSync line when the clock phase is just right.
DorDur215
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by DorDur215 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:32 pm

Extrems wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:06 pm
Nah, it's a problem most commonly seen with --format=custom where the Game Boy Player's VSync is straddling the GameCube's VSync line when the clock phase is just right.
Thanks for your reply!

So to be clear this issue is not fixable?

If so is there any other format I can use that works for modern displays that doesn't have this issue?
User avatar
Extrems
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Québec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:54 pm

I wouldn't say it's impossible to fix, but it's difficult to fix.
DorDur215
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:25 pm

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by DorDur215 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:46 pm

Extrems wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:54 pm
I wouldn't say it's impossible to fix, but it's difficult to fix.
Well thankfully it's not that big of an issue.

I'm sure you're busy enough already but it would be nice if it could be fixed someday.
Post Reply