2022 Nintendon't GC fix

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
Videogamesforever

2022 Nintendon't GC fix

Post by Videogamesforever » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:41 pm

Hi. I am a little late to the show. Recently I modded my wii. It is a modded wii that has system version 4.1U. It can not be updated to 4.3; boo me.

Anyways, after modding and setting up my wii to play GC roms I finally got Nintendont to load only to discover that it wouldn't recognize my knock-off GC controller I purchased at Ali-express. I found this post here

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/463

and downloaded the "loader.dol" which I pasted it over the one in the apps>nintendont folder. Now it detects and works except for sporting games; mainly I play FIFA and NHL. At first I thought that it was selected sport type games but for whatever reason my GC controller won't work for any sporting games. I can play vs. type games (like Mortal Kombat), driving games and rpg games without any problems (that I noticed during test) but it appears that sport type games the controller does not work as it should. The controller is recognized but there is nothing when you use the up, I think the left is down, and so forth. It is messed up and can't be used to play.

Is there a fix for this?

I am using these files for Nintendont, also posted at github. https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont (scroll down). They are the latest.

I made a github account but I don't feel comfortable in that environment; I can't figure out how to post a new thread and thought to come to a forum that is easy to post; here, after a search. As well, when creating the account there is no mention of posting or forum and it appears that the site is made for developers/programmers.

I love the new EA sport games on my Xbox One but would like to play sport games in Nintendont because the two consoles have two different locations on two different tv ....
Diego borella

Re: 2022 Nintendon't GC fix

Post by Diego borella » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:44 pm

I checked the nintendont compatibility list and saw these games as fifa doesn't run at 480p. some NHL don't support Widescreen what cable are you using? memory card emulation is getting in the way...but I don't think so.
try to see if you should enable "native control" in settings.
or removing and reconnecting the controller at game time may help....p.... :idea:
SWISS USER :geek:
Videogamesforever

Post by Videogamesforever » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:57 pm

The fact that the game controller works fine now that I layered that file should raise an eyebrow. No to in game setting, if there are any. I don't know about memory card. I don't see any settings in nintendont that could affect a game controller. I have not changed any settings in nintendont. Games that aren't sport games work fine with the Aliexpress GC controller and extension cord. I can only hope that someone making the next version of nintendont addresses I guess. Guess I should head back to github because I been waiting for a resolution here at this forum but apparently no one plays GC for its ease to play sports games, lol.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:53 pm

Videogamesforever wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:57 pm
apparently no one plays GC for its ease to play sports games, lol.
Yes, still the easier way to do is to play GC, the real deal, or the RVL-001.
I have no problem with either flavour of alix controller, soft and hard sticks.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)