NKit on Apple Silicon Macs

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
Papy.G

NKit on Apple Silicon Macs

Post by Papy.G » Sun May 28, 2023 10:07 am

I'd love to be able to get rid of my X86 machines, so I have to run NKit on My M1 MacMini.
I tried to install Wine for that purpose, to no avail.
I feel sooo dumb I don't know where to begin.
Did someone manage to get NKit working in OSX on Apple Silicon Mac without an emulator?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Extrems

Re: NKit on Apple Silicon Macs

Post by Extrems » Sun May 28, 2023 2:49 pm

You're supposed to use Mono, not Wine. But you also cannot use the GUI, only the CLI.
Papy.G

Re: NKit on Apple Silicon Macs

Post by Papy.G » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:59 am

Ok, I've managed to convert ISOs to NKit.ISOs, while I have to remember how to process a full batch, the processing is so fast compared to the other methods I used to use that I don't have time to do much along one file processing.

I didn't know there was a GUI version, I always used NKit via WinXP's command prompt.

Just figured out what the CLI letters stand for, opposed to GUI. :oops:

Thank you very much.

I may end up doing a little "NKit on Mac OS for noobs" tutorial further in this topic later, when I'm more accustomed to passing commands in OSX, as syntax in the man pages and readmes doesn't match posix format.

Anyways, I have seen other methods wher the people rely on Homebrew/Brew, or Wine, with Mono, is it useless or to access GUI ability?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)