[Release] Swiss SD Card Repair

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
RazorX2014

[Release] Swiss SD Card Repair

Post by RazorX2014 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:45 pm

hi guys here is a little program i put together to make it easier to sort out your sd card for swiss when it is fragmented its pretty self explanatory and easy to use here is a picture:

all you do is launch the program, select a path for it to use to move the content of the sd card too then click "Move Files From SD" once that has done you click "Format SD Card" then once that has complete click "Move Files To SD" and finally once that has finished your done.

when you select the path it will store that path in a text file called path.txt which it saves in the same directory as the program so when you launch the program next time that same directory will be selected.
please do not choose a path that already contains files unless you want it to move all of them onto your sd card i recommend creating a new folder i called mine "SWISSTMP" but any name will do.

i hope you find this useful, enjoy..

Update 2:
added option for sdxc cards.

Notes:
if your having issues formatting a sdxc sd card please right click fat32format.exe goto properties and if there is a unblock button under Advanced... then click it then goto Compatibility and tick run as administrator and try again if that still doesnt format the drive to fat32 then goto Computer and format the drive to ntfs and then try again and that should do it.

Extra:
also if your interested here is another program i created:

this will allow you to generate a md5 code for your gamecube iso and gcm files which will be saved as a text file, you will also be able to compare that with a md5 code you paste in or check to see if it is a valid md5 through the gc.dat file from redump (included).

also included a basic md5 generator for use with any file.

Enjoy..
Attachments
Swiss SD Card Repair.rar
(70.46 KiB) Downloaded 689 times
MD5 Generator & Checker v1.01.rar
(222.97 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
Last edited by RazorX2014 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.
megalomaniac

Re: [Release] Swiss SD Card Repair

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:39 pm

How do you determine format type?

For example, I have 64GB SDXC that does not work with swiss unless I use a utility to force FAT32 format....without the utility and even with my card being previously formatted to FAT32, windows will recognize as SDXC and attempt to format card to FATex...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:50 pm

i tryed to keep this as simple and basic as i could so it had a better chance of working for everyone so as for the format option it uses the old dos command to format the sd card as fat32 but i dont have a 64gb sd card to test it with but since you would first move all the content off the sd card anyway its worth trying it and seeing what happens if you do please let me know thanks

Update:
updated Swiss SD Card Repair so now the "Format SD Card" and "Move Files To SD" buttons are disabled until the previous option is selected.
added option for sdxc cards.
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57 am

updated md5 generator
Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:14 am

Great utility, thanks! Hope I don't need to use it!