[Release] Gamecube Game Manager v1.21

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
RazorX2014

[Release] Gamecube Game Manager v1.21

Post by RazorX2014 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:09 am

hey guys here is another program i have made for you to manage your games you have on pc or sd card for sd gecko or wkf/wasp ect, if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Features:
Select SD Card or PC Directory
Automatic Covers Download (If Image Doesn't Download Click The Image Box And Select Country)
MD5 Generator
Add/Remove Games And Homebrew
Rename Games (Also Renames Games MD5 File)
Copy Games
Switch ISO/GCM Extension
Open Games Directory
Open App Directory
Displays Name, Date And Game ID From ISO

Required:
.Net Framework 4.5.1

Latest Images:

Notes:
if you press "remove" you will be ask if you want to procede or not, if you choose ok then it will delete the game from your sd card.
if you rename one of your games from the list it will rename it on your sd card aswell as renaming the md5 file.
when choosing "add" it will prompt you to select a gcm, iso or dol file and will copy it to your sd card and add it too the list.

i hope you will find this helpful.

Update 21:
updated gc.dat to latest.
added gc-xeno.dat (see Xeno-GC ISO Patch Fixes and dropdown box to switch between them).
changed some code.

Update 20:
forgot to add the ability to also copy the name and date of the iso that is generated above and below the cover by clicking it also added the ability to copy the md5 that is generated when clicking test.
added "Xeno-GC Patches" button which takes you to the thread ive created, check the thread for more info.
added the ability to create/open a patches folder for you to store your ips files, click "Xeno-GC Patches" button for more info.
you can now click the "Gamecube Game Manager" title or "New Update Available" label to open this thread.

Update 19:
fixed issue with md5 not erasing from display when single clicking another game that has no md5 yet.

Update 18:
added more error handlers.

Update 17:
added offline mode to prevent automatic download of covers, there is also a cover pack which contains alot of covers but you can also still manually try to download a cover by clicking the cover box and selecting a region.

Older Update Info:
Spoiler
Show
Update:
added automatic cover download (thanks to DerGali for the suggestion) so now when selecting a game it will download the cover if the cover doesnt exist online it will then check to see if you have a custom image (named the same as your iso/gcm) if that doesnt exist it will check to see if the cover exists with the gamecode for example GSWPGL.png and finally if that doesnt exist it will show the nocover.png so you will get some kind of cover showing up no matter what :D

the download itself also contains alot of covers.

Update 2:
set it up so it will grab the gamecode from the iso/gcm and display it in the bottom right
it will also grab the game title from the iso/gcm and show that above the cover and if the title is a certain length it will scroll the text
also added a "exit" button to fill the gap :D just until i find something to replace it with

Update 3:
added date to info shown which it grabs from iso/gcm

Update 4:
added multiple regions:
if a cover is missing for your selected game then click the picture box and choose the region and it should download the missing cover.
added "3D" button what this simply does is show you the cover with a 3d look rather than flat.
added textbox to show you the selected file name and extension.
added dol support, just click the homebrew tab.
games list is automatically put into alphabetical order.
no longer adding covers version because it was gonna get too large when adding covers from all regions but the program will still download the covers so including them is unnecessary however the cover and 3d cover for swiss is still included.

Update 5:
added automatically grabbing full cover and disc images
note:
for games with 2 discs please rename iso/gcm to include "Disc 1" or "Disc 2" without quotes
also the full cover and disc images can be saved by clicking on them

Update 6:
it will now remember if you are viewing the 3d cover or standard cover when loading program.
you can now generate a md5 for the selected game by clicking the md5 button. (is very slow when generating a md5 for a game on a sd card with a class of 4 or lower, its very fast with a class 10)
when md5 is generated it will be saved in a md5 folder in the programs directory and the md5 will be named the same as the game and when selecting that game in the future it will show you the md5 so you dont need to generate it for that game again.
added buttons to open program directory and sd card directory.
when clicking program title (GAMECUBE GAMES MANAGER) it will take you to this thread.
when clicking the md5 code or gamecode it will be copied to clipboard.

Update 7:
now when clicking the md5 code it will verify it with the redump file included in v1.09 aswell as still copying it to your clipboard.

Update 8:
fixed issue with date showing on luigis mansion.
added free space display.

Update 9:
added the ability to select a directory in the same dropdown box you select your sd card this allows you to view the games you have stored on a harddrive aswell as viewing there covers, renaming, generating a md5 (much quicker from hdd) and copying selected game to your sd card.
removed flags folder and made them built in.
made other tweaks too.

Update 10:
added the ability to see if an update is available from the program itself you can see this in two ways firstly it will change "No Update Available" to "New Update Available" across the bottom of the program and secondly by the color of the "Gamecube Games Manager" title if its black theres no update if its blue there is.

Update 11:
added minimize.
fixed issue with date from king kong (usa).

Update 12:
when renaming a game if the md5 txt exists it will rename that too so you dont have to do it manually.

Update 13:
replaced sort button with GCM, ISO which simply renames the selected game from either gcm to iso or iso to gcm.

Update 14:
fixed issue with refresh removing "Select Directory".

Update 15:
changed source link for checking update status.

Update 16:
fixed issue with "nocover.png" not being used when cover isnt available.
added test button to compare md5's, first generate an md5 if you havent already then if you feel at a later date the game is corrupt or fragmented hit test and it will generate a new md5 and compare it with old saved md5 and tell you if they match as well as show it under old md5 this should help with testing if your swiss sd card has fragmented or not.

Covers: (Not Required)
Eng, Usa, Jap Covers Pack.rar
Attachments
Gamecube Game Manager v1.21.rar
(279.88 KiB) Downloaded 10064 times
Last edited by RazorX2014 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:24 am, edited 83 times in total.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: [Release] Gamecube Game Manager

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Where does it get the artwork from?
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:54 pm

you can take a cover you get from googling it and resize it to match the size of the nocover.png and place it in the covers folder until i can make a big enough collection
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:39 pm

It would be nice also be compatible with WBFs partition. In my case I use the firmware 1.3 WKF because I like to load games directly by WKF. However I also use SWISS ISO to load games on FAT cards. In this way we could do the transfers by one place. I do not know if it's useful but I left the comment. See you.
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:43 am

Update:

added more options and included lots of covers and now the program will get the gamecode from the iso/gcm itself and bring up the correct cover if it cant find the cover it will look for one with the exact same name as the iso/gcm and if it cant find that it will show the nocover.png
DerGali

Post by DerGali » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:01 am

Nice tool maybe you could add auto download for covers from http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GKGP01 it's easy to generate the right url using the disc id...
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:10 am

i have included a pack of covers but if any are missing just let me know.

i will also look into that thanks
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:27 am

ok ive updated the program to automatically download the covers, see above for details
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:45 am

mautheus wrote:It would be nice also be compatible with WBFs partition. In my case I use the firmware 1.3 WKF because I like to load games directly by WKF. However I also use SWISS ISO to load games on FAT cards. In this way we could do the transfers by one place. I do not know if it's useful but I left the comment. See you.
why do you use 1.3? when you could have autoboot
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:57 am

RazorX2014 wrote:
mautheus wrote:It would be nice also be compatible with WBFs partition. In my case I use the firmware 1.3 WKF because I like to load games directly by WKF. However I also use SWISS ISO to load games on FAT cards. In this way we could do the transfers by one place. I do not know if it's useful but I left the comment. See you.
why do you use 1.3? when you could have autoboot
Because of laziness that I stay in the updating whenever a new Swiss is released. kkk
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:02 am

if u downgrade to 1.0 for autoboot you can still keep run the latest swiss you just download the latest nightly build and install the swiss_r294(pal).fzn for example
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:06 am

RazorX2014 wrote:if u downgrade to 1.0 for autoboot you can still keep run the latest swiss you just download the latest nightly build and install the swiss_r294(pal).fzn for example
And even I using the Swiss with a FAT card compatibility of games loaded by WKF SD slot is the same as the 1.3 firmware using a WBFS card?
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:11 am

mautheus wrote:
RazorX2014 wrote:if u downgrade to 1.0 for autoboot you can still keep run the latest swiss you just download the latest nightly build and install the swiss_r294(pal).fzn for example
And even I using the Swiss with a FAT card compatibility of games loaded by WKF SD slot is the same as the 1.3 firmware using a WBFS card?
i dont think the compatibility has anything to do with the drive format however you wont be able to use wbfs if you downgrade to 1.0 for autoboot then update to the latest version of swiss but it will mean you dont have to use the swiss iso and you can just copy your games from the wbfs sd card to the fat32 card
mautheus

Post by mautheus » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:37 am

RazorX2014 wrote:
mautheus wrote:
i dont think the compatibility has anything to do with the drive format however you wont be able to use wbfs if you downgrade to 1.0 for autoboot then update to the latest version of swiss but it will mean you dont have to use the swiss iso and you can just copy your games from the wbfs sd card to the fat32 card
Okay, got it. And how do I load a direct play the disc? An original game. You just put the disc and turn on the Gamecube, or it will boot the Swiss first and then I choose the option to load the disc?
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:23 am

you would need to add a lid switch if it doesnt have one already but you should also be able to launch it from swiss i believe. Check the forum for more info
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:24 am

In WKF configuration menu turn WKF OFF, then save settings
Reboot and check configuration to ensure WKF OFF

Then boot swiss iso. Put fzn and fzn.fw on FAT32 SD card...
Load fzn, flash process will begin. When flashing is completed reboot GC. Swiss will autoboot and appear on screen...or... Swiss will autoload in gameplay menu. This will always happen on power up only if an SD card in WKF/WASP SD slot. If no card is in the slot during power up then GC will try to direct boot from DVD drive...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:58 pm

updated program, see first page for details
Arnachy69

Post by Arnachy69 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Just a stupid question maybe but what can you do with that program is also for cheats and stuff?
What I understand from this so you have this program develops only the covers or I see this wrong
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:20 pm

learnhacker69 wrote:Just a stupid question maybe but what can you do with that program is also for cheats and stuff?
What I understand from this so you have this program develops only the covers or I see this wrong
it allows you to easily view, rename, add, remove, backup your game images you have stored on sd card for use with swiss it will also display there covers which it gets automatically
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:43 pm

updated program to v1.05, see first page for details
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:16 am

updated program to v1.06, see first page for details
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:38 am

updated
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:39 pm

updated to v1.12
RazorX2014

Re: [Release] Gamecube Game Manager v1.17

Post by RazorX2014 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:39 pm

just updated the link it reads to check if there is an update from dropbox to pastebin
RazorX2014

Re: [Release] Gamecube Game Manager v1.18

Post by RazorX2014 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 pm

fixed issue with "nocover.png" not being used when cover isnt available.
added test button to compare md5's, first generate an md5 if you havent already then if you feel at a later date the game is corrupt or fragmented hit test and it will generate a new md5 and compare it with old saved md5 and tell you if they match as well as show it under old md5 this should help with testing if your swiss sd card has fragmented or not.