Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
Sintendo

Re: CleanRip v1.0.4

Post by Sintendo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:58 am

I'm using 64-bit Windows 7.
IMaNOOB

Post by IMaNOOB » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:59 pm

its not illegal if it's my game that im backing up...
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:51 am

IMaNOOB wrote:that game was COD4, and how do i run it without burning to a disk.
No? Then what was that question?
IMaNOOB

Post by IMaNOOB » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:04 pm

i figured it out, ill just use wii flow..
IMaNOOB

Post by IMaNOOB » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:49 pm

emu_kidid wrote:
IMaNOOB wrote:that game was COD4, and how do i run it without burning to a disk.
No? Then what was that question?
i understand your statement now
Ronnie N

Post by Ronnie N » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:19 am

I have ripped my whole Wii collection with your CleanRip, without problems! I ripped them to a ntfs USB-drive and it worked perfectly! Thanks emu! The write speed was around 4/5MB, so I don't if that is good, but it's good enough for me!

Again, thank you!
liquitt

Post by liquitt » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:52 am

4 or 5 MB is fine :)
please search before you ask - a lot has been discussed already!
(or use google with "site:gc-forever.com *term*")
http://is.gd/MDmZcr

we also have a wiki filled with knowledge
http://is.gd/dX58Rm
qwerty

Post by qwerty » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:41 pm

DO NOT use CleanRip if you think your USB or SD doesnt have enough space - It corrupted my USB drive when i didnt have enough space.
Also dont use it on drives that have other stuff on it (use only blank drives) - that way if it does corrupt the drive you can just reformat it.
qwerty

Post by qwerty » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:29 pm

I had made a backup of my USB drive so its fine.
But you shouldnt use CleanRip if you think there isnt enough space on your drive.
and you should also make a complete backup of your drive BEFORE running CleanRip(just in case it corrupts your drive)
The following web links are not direct links - copy them into your browser.

If it did corrupt your drive, go to this website i found(if you made a backup of your drive, skip these steps and just reformat and restore your files):
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-mak ... ives-work/

If it says Internet Explorer cannot open this website, follow these steps:
1.go to this website:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... afe=active

2.right click on the link:How To Make Corrupt USB Jump Drives Work Again
3.click on Save Target As...
4.select a spot to save the website
5.right click on the file
6.click "edit"(or if you dont have that option click on "open with" and select Word.)
7. view the website.
torrentguru

Re: CleanRip v1.0.4 [?wii.dat not found on redump]

Post by torrentguru » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:07 am

First of all, thank you for coding this great tool. :!:

Second, I'm having trouble locating the wii.dat repository @ redump.com site, even after I registered.
I did not see one included in the zip file.
The app freezes at "initializing network"...The wii is connected to the web ok...(softmod ok)

Can anyone direct me to where I can locate the "wii datfile" :?:
Or being a novice, is there another rip verification method to ensure a proper dump:?:

Thank you in advance,

Torrentguru
BigRobotBil

Post by BigRobotBil » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:55 am

I'm having trouble with IOS58 being active. It's on my system, but not active according CleanRip, which then doesn't use it and I'm stuck using USB1.0 speeds. How exactly would I go about making IOS58 active so that I can use it and rip games at a faster speed? Do I need to run a specific game that uses it? I don't have any Wii games that use the USB slot, so, if that is the case, is there any way of getting around that?

I do not have any cIOS/random crap on my Wii, just the HBC. The error simply states that the IOS check failed, but IOS58 is on my system but is not active.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I had installed HBC BEFORE the 4.3 update, which then made it not be active for whatever reason. I read that I simply needed to reinstall the thing, and now I'm ripping games at a faster speed.

I'll note, however, that I tried ripping a GC game (which took nearly two hours or so), and nothing appeared on my USB drive when I plugged it in the computer. It's FAT32 formatted and has 1.90GB of free space by default. I'll update this post when my next rip completes (@ USB2.0 speeds).

EDIT2: Hey, it works! now to try some Wii games.

EDIT3: Alright, there's something weird going on when dumping Wii games. Using the same USB stick, I tell CleanRip to dump in 1GB chunks, which it does. I snagged the first part of the Wii disc (*.part0.iso), and I copy it over to my computer. The USB drive is now empty, so I plug it back in the for the next chunk, but this results in some garbage data or something. Part0 reappears on the drive (at 1.49GB) as well as the new *.part1.iso, maxing out my USB drive (files are labeled as corrupt). I format the drive and go for the next chunk, just to see what happens, and I get *.part2.iso @ 1.49GB; copies over fine. *.part3.iso is corrupt, and the other three parts reappear on the drive, corrupted. Finally, I go for chunk 4, which I do get (385MB), but now the other three parts appear on my drive again (but corrupted). So, this is what I end up with once I'm done ripping on my USB drive:

(^This is what is ON my USB drive once part4.iso is finished. Part4, the .txt, and the .bca files are fine, but these old chunk files also appear.)

On my computer, the only files that copied over correctly were parts 0, 2, and 4, along with "SB4E01~2.iso," some of the *.bca files, and the dumpinfo.txt.

My USB drive worked fine for GC games, but failed for Wii. I did try reformatting it (to FAT32) each time it was done copying things over, but that didn't seem to work.

Any help? Also, it appears to be hit-or-miss when actually ripping a GC game; some times it does, other times my drive will just be blank. The OS I'm using is Windows 7 64-bit. I have access to other OSes if need-be (Ubuntu, XP, and Vista).
Last edited by BigRobotBil on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:35 pm

You seem to be having issues similar to mine.
BigRobotBil

Post by BigRobotBil » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Same thing started to happen when I tried a 2GB SD card (1.89GB of free space by default). First part (part0.iso) extracted fine, but part1.iso was corrupted (along with part0.iso reappearing on the card). I didn't go farther than that.

My SD card is a PNY Optima 2GB SD card. Still using Windows 7 64-bit, too.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:02 pm

I usually recommend formatting the device if it's going to be inserted/removed per chunk.
BigRobotBil

Post by BigRobotBil » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:55 am

Did that, didn't work for either my USB drive or my SD card.
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Yup, formatting in between chunks wouldn't help for me either when I tried it a few months ago.
BigRobotBil

Post by BigRobotBil » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Recently obtained a 4GB SDHC card (PNY Optima C4 SDHC). I tried dumping a 3GB chunk, but realized it was too large for the card (has 3.67GB by default). Dumping by 2GB chunks lead to the same problem (part0 was fine, by part1 was corrupted).

And yes, I formatted it after every time I copied stuff over to FAT32. Any reasons as to why this is happening?

I'd love to use your tool to dump Wii games so I don't have to mess around with cIOSes and crap. ;)
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:38 pm

The newest release of libogc claims to have USB compatibility improvements, so maybe compiling CleanRip with the newest version could help.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:51 pm

that's the plan :)
wiill

Post by wiill » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:14 pm

First rip worked well. Then I tried second one and it got to about 95% and then Cleanrip displayed "motor off" and then quit the rip starting all over at the options. I checked the file and sure enough it was not complete.

I'm using an external USB hard drive. Would it actually be possible for an external drive to power down while ripping, or is the "motor off' referring to the Wii drive?
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:41 pm

That bug has supposedly been fixed in the SVN.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:39 pm

wiill wrote:First rip worked well. Then I tried second one and it got to about 95% and then Cleanrip displayed "motor off" and then quit the rip starting all over at the options. I checked the file and sure enough it was not complete.

I'm using an external USB hard drive. Would it actually be possible for an external drive to power down while ripping, or is the "motor off' referring to the Wii drive?
Usually means that there is a read error.
jligg

Post by jligg » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:10 am

wiill wrote:First rip worked well. Then I tried second one and it got to about 95% and then Cleanrip displayed "motor off" and then quit the rip starting all over at the options. I checked the file and sure enough it was not complete.

Seems this is due to a read error..I done a lot of testing because i was getting this alot and the result i got was bad media or scratched up disc.

Ripped 10 Original games that were in good condition and they worked 100%
Ripped 5 Of my backup games that were on good media (Verbatium) worked 100%
Ripped 5 of my backups that were on memorex and 3 out of 5 failed with "motor off" message
wiill

Post by wiill » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:17 am

This was an original. Disc is new. I exited Cleanrip and tried it again and this time it worked, so no idea what caused it.
jligg

Post by jligg » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:43 pm

wiill wrote:This was an original. Disc is new. I exited Cleanrip and tried it again and this time it worked, so no idea what caused it.
wow that is weird..maybe it is a bug that needs fixin