CleanRip v1.0.4

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
HomelandReloaded

Re: CleanRip v1.0.4

Post by HomelandReloaded » Thu May 09, 2013 8:20 pm

wii_HD wrote:GC version needs text adjustment for 4:3 crt.
I get the same with component video, but when using analog AV (composite video) it looks OK:
Attachments
CleanRipV.1.0.4.jpg
(1.34 MiB) Not downloaded yet
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Thu May 09, 2013 11:03 pm

HomelandReloaded wrote:
wii_HD wrote:GC version needs text adjustment for 4:3 crt.
I get the same with component video, but when using analog AV (composite video) it looks OK:
And yet the image I posted was through janky ass composite.

Besides the "c" in cube should be upper case ;)
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
HomelandReloaded

Post by HomelandReloaded » Fri May 10, 2013 4:24 am

Sorry, I should have mentioned I was using an (LED-backlit) LCD TV set to 4:3, and a PAL GameCube. It appears to have no option to adjust vertical position when using any input other than VGA.
boozezela

Post by boozezela » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:12 am

I have a PAL Gamecube and I tried to dump a couple of disks:
  • Baten Kaitos - Eternal Wins And The Lost Ocean (NTSC US, disc 1)
    Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disk (NTSC US)
While "Metroid Prime 2..." always rips and verifies correctly, every time I try to rip Baten Kaitos (I have tried multiple times) CleanRip always crashes (DSI+stack trace). This happens after finishing writing the .iso on the SD card and immediately before creating the dumpinfo.txt file.

When I remove gc.dat from the SD card root, CleanRip doesn't crash at all and in both cases the .iso is fine and has the correct checksums.

Opening the gc.dat file I have noticed that the entry for Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disk is at line 143, while the entry for Baten Kaitos is at line 2443, so I have a naive question before I test CleanRip 2.0: is it possible that the gc.dat file is simply too big to handle for CleanRip?
Gamecube DOL-001 (EUR)
Viper GC Extreme + Cobra 2.1
SD Card Adapter
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:27 am

There's an issue with the DAT file verification on the GC version of 1.0.4. Use 2.0, I never recommend using outdated software that I've released as I would've fixed something in the newer versions.
boozezela

Post by boozezela » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 am

emu_kidid wrote:There's an issue with the DAT file verification on the GC version of 1.0.4. Use 2.0, I never recommend using outdated software that I've released as I would've fixed something in the newer versions.
What can I say? I just "woke up" and noticed that 2.0 is out, but I was already testing 1.0.4 odd behaviour. :)
Testing CleanRip 2.0 now.

Thank you.
Gamecube DOL-001 (EUR)
Viper GC Extreme + Cobra 2.1
SD Card Adapter