Game Boy Interface

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
XC-3730C

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by XC-3730C » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:53 am

I can wait 3 weeks.Is the badassconsoles one better or easier to install ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
novenary

Post by novenary » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:37 pm

You have to remove the digiport for the badass version as well, or to cut your backplate. Either way is trivial though, you can remove the connector with a soldering iron and a screwdriver for prying.
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:58 pm

just to clarify and expand on what streetwalker posted: removing the digital port is optional.

- If you want to remove the digital port and connect a drop in replacement connector, you can

- if you want to not bother removing the digital port, then you can install a new connector on the left side of the digital port and make a nice little clean cut on the black plate for the new video output port.
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
novenary

Post by novenary » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:52 am

Yeah, that's what I meant by "cut your backplate", your version is clearer though.
zebular

Post by zebular » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Personal preference and I got mine within 2 days of ordering it. I think the Pluto board looks just fine... Also you don't HAVE to remove the digital port (though I have no idea why you would want to keep it since you will now have hdmi), you could do some cutting around and mount it above the digital port and just make your attachments with wires on the bottom side of the digital port. I think mine turned out really well, the open area doesn't really bother me and if I cared that much I would just pump some black caulk around it.
Attachments
gchdmi.jpg
(309.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:02 am

zebular wrote:Personal preference and I got mine within 2 days of ordering it. I think the Pluto board looks just fine... Also you don't HAVE to remove the digital port (though I have no idea why you would want to keep it since you will now have hdmi), you could do some cutting around and mount it above the digital port and just make your attachments with wires on the bottom side of the digital port. I think mine turned out really well, the open area doesn't really bother me and if I cared that much I would just pump some black caulk around it.
Do you have any specific reasons that make it your personal preference though?
zebular

Post by zebular » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:02 pm

bobrocks95 wrote:
zebular wrote:Personal preference and I got mine within 2 days of ordering it. I think the Pluto board looks just fine... Also you don't HAVE to remove the digital port (though I have no idea why you would want to keep it since you will now have hdmi), you could do some cutting around and mount it above the digital port and just make your attachments with wires on the bottom side of the digital port. I think mine turned out really well, the open area doesn't really bother me and if I cared that much I would just pump some black caulk around it.
Do you have any specific reasons that make it your personal preference though?
Just what I've been using and haven't had any issues, also I order multiples and they are willing to work with you on price.
hazeangel

Post by hazeangel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:01 am

Hello can someone help me ? How can I boot directly to Game boy interface LL without swiss ? I would like to have only the GBI LL files on a burned disc .
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:10 am

I don't have a CRT set up at the moment. NTSC consoles lacking RGB to make up for the lost digital port is something to consider, 2D sprites typically lose a certain magic on hdtvs.
zebular

Post by zebular » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:04 pm

hazeangel wrote:Hello can someone help me ? How can I boot directly to Game boy interface LL without swiss ? I would like to have only the GBI LL files on a burned disc .
Here you go my man, and when a new version comes out just replace the .dol files within the iso with the new ones. Just burn it off in ImgBurn and you're good to go.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw8DMs ... sp=sharing

Also if for some reason your burner doesn't like writing isos that small or your GC doesn't want to read the disc, try throwing a large random file into the iso as well.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:13 pm

• Added Scale2xEx and Scale2xPlus filters.
  • Added oversample and box scalers.
  • Optimized video rendering.
  • Fixed IP fragment identifier.
Scale2x(Plus): 7 TEV stages (was 8), 1 indirect lookup
Scale2xEx: 1+16 TEV stages, 0+1 indirect lookup

ImageImageImage
KirovAir

Post by KirovAir » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:41 am

Awesome! That looks really good.
"The only thing more dangerous than a hardware guru with a code patch is a programmer with a soldering iron."
Deadreply

Post by Deadreply » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Super le résultat j'attend mon kit de chez badassconsole avec impatience :D
Polog

Post by Polog » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Fantastic! The filters look nice, how do you get them to work?
dogman91

Post by dogman91 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:55 am

I can't seem to use the GBA link adapter as a controller for this - is it supposed to work or only Gamecube controllers?

I also have an SNES adapter from retrousb (http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.ph ... ucts_id=31) and that doesn't work either.

Also, do one of the button configurations (--control in in the cli file) match a SNES controller input? Such as making B = A, Y = B, L = L, etc. It's not clear to me.

I'm using the low latency version of GBI.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:09 am

Polog wrote:Fantastic! The filters look nice, how do you get them to work?
Use Swiss.
dogman91 wrote:I can't seem to use the GBA link adapter as a controller for this - is it supposed to work or only Gamecube controllers?
Are you using a third-party cable?
dogman91 wrote:I also have an SNES adapter from retrousb (http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.ph ... ucts_id=31) and that doesn't work either.
It might not be compatible with the default polling rate. Did it work with the Start-up Disc?
dogman91 wrote:Also, do one of the button configurations (--control in in the cli file) match a SNES controller input? Such as making B = A, Y = B, L = L, etc. It's not clear to me.
--control=2
dogman91

Post by dogman91 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:59 am

I figured it out... somehow it just randomly started working - the default poll rate seems to work fine. --control=2 works wonderfully as well - I just had to load GBI using Swiss and not the Action Replay disc. I guess I'm just an idiot, haha. I'm super stoked about this. Thanks a lot for making GBI!
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:41 am

Sorry to throw more questions at you Extrems:

What's the correct aspect ratio for the LL version when playing on a 4:3 CRT? Is it the default 11:10? Does it differ between Gameboy games and GBA games?

I figure 1:1 was added for digital displays to correct the aspect ratio with an external scaler or the TV, but not sure between 9:8 and 11:10.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:50 am

The default, and it doesn't differ. You can think of it as 720 versus 704.
dandandan

Post by dandandan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:08 am

Hi there! the link seems to be down-- are there any mirrors?
novenary

Post by novenary » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:30 am

It's up. Probably a cloudflare issue in your area.
dandandan

Post by dandandan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:56 am

Ah yeah, definitely looks that way. Was able to access it through a proxy. Thanks!
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:15 pm

I wish I knew how frequent those are.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:46 pm

• Optimized/Fixed Scale2xEx filter.
Scale2xEx: 1+12 TEV stages (was 1+16), 0+1 indirect lookup

For GBA-as-GC controller:
  • Finished implementation.
  • Released binaries.
  • Released source under BSD 2-Clause License.
https://github.com/ExtremsCorner/gba-as-controller
retrogamer

Post by retrogamer » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:24 am

Extrems wrote:
  • Optimized/Fixed Scale2xEx filter.
Scale2xEx: 1+12 TEV stages (was 1+16), 0+1 indirect lookup

For GBA-as-GC controller:
  • Finished implementation.
  • Released binaries.
  • Released source under BSD 2-Clause License.
https://github.com/ExtremsCorner/gba-as-controller
Much aprecciated Extrems, now we can load the payload from a gba flashcart :)