Game Boy Interface

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
Weario

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Weario » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:42 am
If you're on a LCD TV, you may be able to set the latency to a minimum (there usually is a default value to match the video chain's).
Thanks for the advice. :) My gamecube is connected to an Onkyo Receiver, there's no latency coming from it whatsoever.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 pm

If there's no latency, it's odd there's a noticeable echo.
Weario

Post by Weario » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Extrems wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 pm
If there's no latency, it's odd there's a noticeable echo.
I wasn't clear enough, apologies. I meant that my receiver does not produce any additional latency.

It may or may not be a trustworthy test, but I 'benchmark' this using my Wii U and the gamepad. When I play a game like Smash Bros, or Mario Kart (which produce sound from both the receiver and the gamepad), the sounds are perfectly in sync. There's absolutely no echo.
When I play GBA multiplayer games like Four Swords or Super Mario Bros with a friend (I play using GBI SR, my friend has a real GBA), there's a noticible echo going on, which must be the 8-16ms audio lag that GBI has.
I bought this receiver not only for the better sound, but also because my LG tv has HORRIBLE sound delay (video seems to be perfect, luckily).

Hope this clears thing up!

EDIT: Also, I may be very sensitive to delays, but I can also hear the difference in audio delays when comparing GBI SR to a real GBA. I especially notice this when navigating through menus (which produce little navigation sounds) or when jumping in Wario Land 3.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:38 am

it may be that the WiiU has buffers to anticipate the TV's Lag.

I just checked, my TV doesn't add lag to the inputs, only to the Broadcasts.
Overclocked DMG
AGB/supercard miniSD
DS Fat/NeoMK3 2006 512Mb
DS Lite/flashme V8noautostealth/Supercard miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GBP/WiiSD+Gamexploit
RVL 001/RGB/CMP/WiiSD