Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
Extrems

Re: Game Boy Interface

Post by Extrems » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:10 pm

No, you want --scaler=oversample
Lunick

Post by Lunick » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi there, I'm having a strange issue running Drill Dozer through GBI-SR. The game has frequent stutters while playing any of the levels that don't appear when using the default Gameboy Player Disc or running the game on a GBA SP. I've tried changing a few settings in GBI-SR like what region and what resolution (I usually default to 240p60) but the framerate drops still occur.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:39 pm

Hmm, assuming you didn't enable rumble, try deleting gbi/default.mb.gz
Lunick

Post by Lunick » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:44 pm

Actually Rumble is enabled, will that cause problems? I've never seen drops when playing Super Mario Bros Advance 4 while having Rumble on?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Yes, rumble can affect the game's performance. It's possible the implementation isn't 100% accurate yet to the Start-up Disc either.
Lunick

Post by Lunick » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Deleting "default.mb.gz" fixed the issue for me actually even with having Rumble on. Thankyou!
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Hold on, if we're talking about Game Boy Player rumble, deleting that file wouldn't do anything.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:29 am

• Added high-fidelity edition.
This allows for pixel-perfect sampling and fixes the green push with the component video cables.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:15 pm

For high-fidelity edition:
  • Added center/right chroma location support.
  • Added GCVideo/GCVideoX presets.
jonphilmitch

Post by jonphilmitch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:07 am

Thanks for making a GC Video specific version. I'm looking forward to trying it with my Plug n Play tomorrow morning. If I'm just using the .gci file, do i need to append any other settings than what's in the .cli file? I'm not using Swiss so I can't toggle options. Thanks for all your work.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:15 am

The CLI file is already appended for you, hence the duplicate DOL/GCI.
jonphilmitch

Post by jonphilmitch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:41 am

Extrems wrote:The CLI file is already appended for you, hence the duplicate DOL/GCI.
Thanks for the clarification. I'd still like to zoom it in a bit, so if I add 2.5 zoom, should I still ad the oversample command too?

Thanks again.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:46 am

Scaling isn't supported, it's also not very useful for HDMI unless you have GCVideoX.
jonphilmitch

Post by jonphilmitch » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:03 pm

I tried the "gbihf-gcvideo.gci" version this morning and it was interlaced by default. Is that expected behavior? Again, I am using the GC Video Plug n Play and not using Swiss, so I'm not changing any settings. I was previously using the "gbisr.gci" file with 2.5 zoom and overscan and it was progressive by default.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:38 pm

The only video mode currently supported is 720x240p59.7276.

This is only useful for GCVideo HDMI if you can capture in RGB 4:4:4 and drop the odd pixel columns.

This is meant for analog output to an Open Source Scan Converter, Datapath VisionRGB, Magewell Pro Capture, etc.
noodohs

Post by noodohs » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Is the new high-fidelity version based on the low-latency/speedrunner version? I like the low latency of that version, but I will be using it with component output from a GC video at some point, so just want to know.
Gummi

Post by Gummi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:44 pm

Just joined to express my thanks to Extrems for this amazing piece of software! I've been enjoying since last year, but I just tried the new high fidelity version through an OSSC and it looks absolutely incredible. Absolutely no pixel ghosting/smearing in the 320x240 optimized mode. Since there is no .cli file included for the normal high fidelity, I'm assuming you can't do any arguments for that version? Though there are .cli files for the GCvideo versions.

I could just try it myself of course, but last time I tried putting arguments in a .cli file to zoom, I couldn't get it to work at all, and I've yet to try to wrap my head around it for a new attempt.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:17 pm

Please stop confusing presets with versions. I made those for your convenience and there's nothing special about them.

They don't mean to imply a particular edition is best for a particular setup either.
claywilson95

Post by claywilson95 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:51 pm

Could anyone explain to me why I am having no rumble with standard GBI? I'm playing Drill Dozer, and the framerate is also dropping for some reason. The rumble works perfectly with the regular Gameboy Player disc. I'm booting GBI directly from a disc, however. I'm not going through Swiss. The only file I burned into my ISO was the GBI DOL file. Should I have included something that would enable it. What's happening? Thanks!

Also, for what kind of player is the High Fidelity Edition suggested? I have the original component cables, if it only makes video improvement based on them? I misunderstand what the point of it is.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:11 pm

• Fixed multiboot to rumble protocol transition.
For standard edition:
  • Changed default color matrix to GBI's original.
For speedrunning edition:
  • Added controls swapping for SNES controllers.
  • Added framebuffer size/offset setting.
  • Replaced sample aspect ratio with scaled size.
  • Disabled default multiboot.
claywilson95

Post by claywilson95 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:36 am

Extrems wrote:
  • Fixed multiboot to rumble protocol transition.
For standard edition:
  • Changed default color matrix to GBI's original.
For speedrunning edition:
  • Added controls swapping for SNES controllers.
  • Added framebuffer size/offset setting.
  • Replaced sample aspect ratio with scaled size.
  • Disabled default multiboot.
Does this fix the issue with having no rumble in standard GBI? And to keep this short, what is the point of High Fidelity GBI? I have the component cables. Should I use it just for slight better quality with my component cables?
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:52 am

It might? You'll have to find out if this were your issue.
claywilson95

Post by claywilson95 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:28 am

Extrems wrote:It might? You'll have to find out if this were your issue.
When I would play a rumble-enabled game, such as Drill Dozer, the rumble would not function, and the frame-rate would get sluggish. Everything would function perfrctly with the standard Gameboy Player disc. Would it fix anything having to do with this?

And, about my High Fidelity question. Should I be using it for better quality gameplay, since I have the component cables? I just don't quite understand what this new version is intended for.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:39 am

claywilson95 wrote:When I would play a rumble-enabled game, such as Drill Dozer, the rumble would not function, and the frame-rate would get sluggish. Everything would function perfrctly with the standard Gameboy Player disc. Would it fix anything having to do with this?
If you have an SD card adapter and a default multiboot program on it, it should fix it.
claywilson95 wrote:And, about my High Fidelity question. Should I be using it for better quality gameplay, since I have the component cables? I just don't quite understand what this new version is intended for.
Unless you have an Open Source Scan Converter or similar, it will only hurt quality.
Stremon

Post by Stremon » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:59 am

Extrems wrote:
claywilson95 wrote:When I would play a rumble-enabled game, such as Drill Dozer, the rumble would not function, and the frame-rate would get sluggish. Everything would function perfrctly with the standard Gameboy Player disc. Would it fix anything having to do with this?
If you have an SD card adapter and a default multiboot program on it, it should fix it.
So I still got the same problem as claywilson95, even in the new version rumble doesn't work no matter how I launch GBI.
I am using an SD card adapter and swiss to boot GBI. What do you call a multiboot program? Swiss ?
Is there any other way to boot GBI than with the SD + swiss or with a Memory card + an exploit or GBI written on a disk ?(methods I tried so far)
Sorry to bother you with that recurring issue :lol: