DoLaunchers: McLoader and Brosexec

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
Papy.G

Re: DoLaunchers: McLoader and Brosexec

Post by Papy.G » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:29 pm

suloku wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:29 pm
I find it strange iplboot fails with sd2sp2, it uses the same code for slot A, B and sd2sp2 devices. I can't recompile right now since I don't have clang on my windows setup.
I have tested IPLBoot a little more so:
Slot B: writes a lot of things in a black screen before launching SWISS
SP2: reboots immediately to GC's IPL
SP2 with empty SDGecko: writes three lines, wait a little, then reboots the console

Hope this will help, don't hesitate to ask if there is anything more I can do to help.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
NiHuShu

Post by NiHuShu » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:42 pm

Nice to see that someone actually used my fork of the brosexec :D
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:59 am

It's not as if we have the choice, as long as this iplboot is not fully operationnal, and Ledu205's version is not small enough to fit on a chip. :roll:
If only you can compress the dol with dolxz just before converting it to GCI, it may be wayyy smaller, and I may use it again. Not that space is hard to find on my memcards, but I already tested the big version, and I'll only replace Ledu205's by something "new". :P
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
toxic9

Post by toxic9 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:14 am

Hi friends,

Can the dev @suloku or anyone else add the same d2sp2 support to brosexecconf please?

I'd prefer to use it instead of brosexec.

Many thanks.
suloku

Post by suloku » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:31 pm

I have updated NiHuShu's fork of brosexec to add SD2SP2 support and also sue dolxz.exe which has better compression. Here are the binaries for brosexecconf.

Also, for some reason it seems I have permisions to NiHuShu's github fork (I commited accidentally, I wanted to just make a pull request), I hope he doesn't mind.

I've noticed that even building the original code for brosexec produces a bigger binary that the ones I uploaded in 2015. This is most likely due due to libraries being bigger so there's little we can do about that besides going to the very first compatible set of builds that can compile with sd2sp2 support in the hopes we can get a smaller file.

In fact, the iplboot project was discontinued as stated in it's github page: "Because the most recent devkitPPC builds generate huge code, I can no longer make iplboot fit in Qoob SX flash."

Also, I've recompressed brosexec with dolxz, which saves 1 block. I've also recompressed the original non-sd2sp2 versions of dolaunchers, which save some blocks for brosexec (2 blocks each). I'll be uploading to release page at github too.

BTW the brosexec conf builds are untested, but the code is the same NiHuShu added to brosexec, so it should work fine.

EDIT: also available here https://github.com/suloku/dolaunch/rele ... /0.2-dolxz
Attachments
brosexecconf_sd2sp2.zip
(919.03 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
brosexec_nihusu_sd2sp2_dolxz.zip
(311.88 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 pm

Good to see you around suloku, and yeah libOGC/dkPPC generates huge binaries these days :(
suloku

Post by suloku » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:48 am

I've recompiled (yet again) brosexec and brosexecconf with sd2sp2 support. Now I'm using libogc2.
There was aparently a bug in libogc where sd2sp2 can be mounted just once per console boot. Any further attempt to mount sd2sp2 from a libogc dol file will fail.

Probably the few people using this haven't even noticed the problem, but nontheless if someone has an use for it, it will now actually work.

I could also add gcloader support now, but I don't really see the point.
Attachments
brosexec_brosexecconf_sd2sp2_dolxz_libogc2.zip
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 396 times
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:21 pm

Excellent! I put this on all my memcards, it's 1 block less now, not that I'm short on space…

It's such a pity that newer compilers/libraries bloats the resulting dols with useless data, I would have loved to get exploits integrated dolaunchers.

Sketcz

Post by Sketcz » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:54 am

suloku wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:30 pm
Short answer: so anyone can get the setup the way they like the most: brosexec loads autoexec.dol from sdgecko
I have basically the same situation. I am using the Splinter Cell exploit to boot a dol from memory card in Slot A, but want to load Swiss on the SD card in my WiiSD in Slot B.

You mentioned sdgecko - I assume it's the same thing if I have a WiiSD adapter in Slot B with my 32 gig SD card and the Swiss autoexec dol? It's just a different name for the same kind of SD card adapter, right?

I'm asking again since I'm actually waiting for Splinter Cell to arrive in the mail.
suloku

Post by suloku » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:55 am

Yes, sd gecko is a memory card sd adapter, just like wiiDS. That's the easiest setup to update since you won't need to ever update the memory card exploit (and uses less blocks)
Sketcz

Post by Sketcz » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:18 pm

Many thanks! :D
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:30 pm

IT doesn't boot SWISS as expected if the Microphone is present in slot B, I have created an issue on Github about it.