Xeno-GC ISO Patch Fixes

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
RazorX2014

Xeno-GC ISO Patch Fixes

Post by RazorX2014 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:56 pm

This is a thread to post ips patches for your game dumps to fix the patches Xeno-GC makes to the iso's for example (Haven't tested dumps from another xeno console):

Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II (E) - (GPOP8P)

MD5 From:
6E9FBBB2EC411E5FB8D044D96B686AB1

MD5 To:
EE4C772CC90ECB6537A331538E1BF4DB

Please join in and post your patches below, In order to do this you will need to dump the game on your gamecube which contains a Xeno-GC as well as download the exact game you have with a verified MD5 or dump it again with your Xeno-GC turned off or on a second console which doesn't contain one.

Each patch i've posted also contains Lunar IPS which will allows you to patch your iso with the fix as well as create a patch if you wish.

Please verify your fix works before posting.

Update:
Added CleanRip info for verified and none verified dumps in zip files

Tool i use for generating MD5, CRC And SHA-1:
HashMyFiles
HashMyFiles x64
Attachments
GRDP5D Patch.zip
(58.45 KiB) Downloaded 680 times
GPOP8P Patch.zip
(58.52 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
GM4P01 Patch.zip
(58.49 KiB) Downloaded 571 times
Last edited by RazorX2014 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
megalomaniac

Re: Xeno-GC ISO Patch Fixes

Post by megalomaniac » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:18 pm

wouldnt it be better to make a database of xeno based MD5 and use that file instead of the redump file?

of course the best method is just turn off xeno
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:02 pm

megalomaniac wrote:wouldnt it be better to make a database of xeno based MD5 and use that file instead of the redump file?

of course the best method is just turn off xeno
yeah i just turn off my xeno but for those who cant i figured it would be nice if they could simply patch there iso afterwards to return it to a valid iso that would generate the correct md5 and who knows if we can make enough ips files perhaps emu_kidid would be kind enough to add some sort of built-in patcher into cleanrip but your right i think i will redump the games and include the cleanrip txt file for the isos dumped when the xeno is enabled so a redump file can be made which has the md5s in for xeno ripped games i will also look at added a drop down box on my "Gamecube Game Manager" app to changed between the redump file
Sierron

Post by Sierron » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:19 pm

If you have enough knowledge about dumping your games you might already found out that xeno modded cubes dump them differently or? You would need to ship cleanrip with patches for all games so it could fix the isos. Would be quite the work and make the package bigger.

I think it would be nicer if cleanrip warns you that your dumped game is not 100% correct because of xeno cg if that is possible.
Own a couple PAL and JPN cubes. And three BBAs. Homeland and PSO I/II.
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:43 pm

Sierron wrote:If you have enough knowledge about dumping your games you might already found out that xeno modded cubes dump them differently or? You would need to ship cleanrip with patches for all games so it could fix the isos. Would be quite the work and make the package bigger.

I think it would be nicer if cleanrip warns you that your dumped game is not 100% correct because of xeno cg if that is possible.
im unsure with out your help i only have the one gamecube to test with and providing you have the gc.dat on the root of your sd card when the dump is complete it tells you if its valid or not as well as tell you the md5

ive attacked the ones i use below, the wii.dat is just the gc.dat renamed since you need both on your sd card
Attachments
md5.zip
(280.39 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:29 am

This method is still untested for other peoples consoles so if someone could try one of the games above that would be fantastic thanks
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:57 am

not to complicate this but just want to add there were also many versions of the same title and also different regional releases...
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
RazorX2014

Post by RazorX2014 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:09 am

megalomaniac wrote:not to complicate this but just want to add there were also many versions of the same title and also different regional releases...
i know :) this is currently just a test to see where it leads ive already made a gc-xeno.dat with the info in so at the very least i will work on that if ppl are willing to join in.

ive already added support for it including the dat file to my Gamecube Game Manager but it only has the few games ive done so far on it