GBI question when booting from WW hack

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
mkontrov

GBI question when booting from WW hack

Post by mkontrov » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Apologies if this is a silly question, I just have not been able to find much about this: I'm booting GBI from the WW hack which works quite nicely. However, I'm hoping to be able to set the resolution at 240p since I'm on a CRT. I don't see this as an option in GBI (I can tweak with zoom and offset) and I'm wondering if to do this I will need to boot Swiss to be able to tweak it? Thanks very much.
mkontrov

Re: GBI question when booting from WW hack

Post by mkontrov » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:18 pm

Thanks for the response, and thank you for writing the software, it's quite amazing. I did try using GBISR initially, but it did not seem to let me scale the image which is something I wanted so I tried the standard GBI file. This lets me scale but doesn't seem to let me set the resolution.

Regarding the "Other" methods, perhaps I need to look more into it, but is it possible to edi dol files with custom settings and convert them to a .gci? I hadn't looked at the contents of the files but I can look more into that at home.
Extrems

Post by Extrems » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:53 pm

240p and scaling aren't compatible ideas. You need at least twice the resolution. It is there though, there's just no UI for it.

https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Boy_Interface/Speedrunning_Edition#Video_scaling
mkontrov

Post by mkontrov » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:59 am

Fair enough. I think I'm in a bit over my head, but 240p in gdisr seems pretty clean, just wish I could scale that up to 2.5x but I'll try to RTFM a bit more. I appreciate the replies and all the work you put into this project!