GBI issue - changing settings in Swiss not doing anything!

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
gibtg

GBI issue - changing settings in Swiss not doing anything!

Post by gibtg » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:19 pm

No matter what I try, I cannot get any settings that I manually change in Swiss when launching GBI to take effect! I'm launching swiss from a Wii GC SD adapter and Action Replay. I've tried GBI and GBILL, if I use my s-video connection (I'm using a Sharp EDTV) I get 4:3 480i, if I use my component cables I get 16:9 480p. If I use GBI-HF or GBI-SR with my component cables I'm getting horrible horizontal line blurring but they are outputting in 240p. Please let me know what i'm doing wrong! I'm hoping to figure out what settings are ideal for my machine and then set a cli file later on but I can't change anything at the moment!
gibtg

Re: GBI issue - changing settings in Swiss not doing anything!

Post by gibtg » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:44 am

280+ views and no replies? Do I need to give more information?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:03 pm

Members that read the topics don't necessarily have the answer to questions and issues that are discussed. Try to keep gentle and thankful to people that may be of some help at any time if not right now.

Pull off the cli files and keep the dcp ones to try the manual setup. If that doesn't help, fiddle with file management and hide unknown filetypes setting. Sometimes getting a new setup on a fresh card can help if you have one spare. 240p modes usually look wrong on flat panels if you don't use an external scaler (OSSC, Framemeister, Marseille...), go for the 480p mode as long as you can.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:41 am

Post some pictures, try with a brand new setup on your SD card, add more details on what device you're launching GBI from etc just to try and make anything that might be wrong stand out.

You're not launching a .DOL+cli file by accident?