GBI ghosting/motion blur issues (Standard Edition)

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
hypermuffin

GBI ghosting/motion blur issues (Standard Edition)

Post by hypermuffin » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Hey guys, I'm having a weird problem with the standard edition of GBI. As you can see from the title, there's ghosting/blurring in the picture when there's motion and it makes the games look terrible.

I've tried the hi-fi edition and games look perfect but I can't run them on full screen (unless there's something I don't know). Is there an option on the .cli file I can change that would get rid of this issue on the standard version?

Thanks in advance!
Papy.G

Re: GBI ghosting/motion blur issues (Standard Edition)

Post by Papy.G » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:33 pm

I don't know what you take for ghosting/blurring, but try first to use integer scale factor.
If you can't zoom enough to get integer factor in 4:3 setting, try 16:9, zoom x3 and force 16:9 on the TV.
Then, there are scaling options, but I'm not used to twinkle with them so can't help much on that part.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
hypermuffin

Post by hypermuffin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:23 pm

It's kinda tricky to record video with my crt display but basically it feels like GBI's refresh rate is sub 60hz when a character/background is moving.
I tried with a few different integer scaling options and it didn't change but I noticed the speedrunning edition was able to zoom and the games look perfect on it, I should be good with that.
I appreciate the info!
hypermuffin

Post by hypermuffin » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Oof, no clue why I missed that. I just instantly assumed the standard would have better compatibility between different types of displays