Can't Get openTyrianGC To Boot

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
Another User

Can't Get openTyrianGC To Boot

Post by Another User » Thu May 07, 2020 6:08 am

Hello all.

When I tried to load tyrian.dol via Swiss. It would stay on black screen. I tried using SD Card load, SD Media Launcher disk, changing SDGecko to memory card slot A. I have also tried this on my PAL gamecube and NTSC-J Panasonic Q.

I am using 2GB Toshiba SD card that came with 3DS. tyrian.dol and aramfs.bz2 is on the root of SD card and I have copied the "tyrian" folder as well.

Does anyone have a clue, what I am doing wrong?
Papy.G

Re: Can't Get openTyrianGC To Boot

Post by Papy.G » Thu May 07, 2020 9:08 am

Tyrian is an old homebrew relying on GCLinux, so you have to put your SD Gecko in the SlotA, otherwise it won't find the files it needs.

FYI I had quite a hard times getting SDGecko recognized by SWISS in SlotA, even by pressing Z to get "undetected volumes" to appear.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Another User

Post by Another User » Wed May 13, 2020 11:57 am

Papy.G wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:08 am
Tyrian is an old homebrew relying on GCLinux, so you have to put your SD Gecko in the SlotA, otherwise it won't find the files it needs.

FYI I had quite a hard times getting SDGecko recognized by SWISS in SlotA, even by pressing Z to get "undetected volumes" to appear.
I tried it again with SD Gecko in Slot A & still stuck on black screen. I got my copy of openTyrianGC on bitbucket if that helps.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed May 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Don't remember where I got mine, always look for the more "official" sites for things as homebrew that sometimes have forks, older versions or or bad copies (sometimes with viruses) all over mirror sites.

Is your SD FAT16 formatted?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
Another User

Post by Another User » Thu May 14, 2020 1:11 am

Papy.G wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:33 pm
Don't remember where I got mine, always look for the more "official" sites for things as homebrew that sometimes have forks, older versions or or bad copies (sometimes with viruses) all over mirror sites.

Is your SD FAT16 formatted?
I am pretty sure that site I mentioned is the new offical site for opentyrian as if you google "opentyrian google code" it would say

"opentyrian has Moved!
This project has moved to a new location on the internet. Its new home is at:

https://bitbucket.org/opentyrian/opentyrian"

Anyways, I actually got opentyrianGC to work with Canon SDC-32M (32MB) . I think this homebrew has bad SD card compatibility which is strange beacuse mplayer works fine with my Toshiba 2GB SD card
I tried using Olin SD card 2GB card for opentyrian but that didn't work. All of my SD cards that I use for GC homebrew are formatted to FAT.

I would like to ask what SD card do you use for SDGecko and does it work with opentyrianGC?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu May 14, 2020 9:48 am

Fat16 may not be enough, are you sure your 2GB card isn't HC, this capacity existed in the two flavours, and maybe Tyrian doesn't support HCs

I ran it off a 1GB PNY regular sized Sd card.

Try with less than 2GB card, if you have one.