CleanRip v1.0.5

Release threads for homebrew & utilities only
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: CleanRip v1.0.5

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 pm

not planned - I may add it in one day...
Fire-WSP

Post by Fire-WSP » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Hi There,

i was reading something about CleanRip v1.0.6, is this coming in the near future?
I ask because of the Dump verification with redump.org.
I made a few dumps and i want to verify them properly.

Is there any tool for PC i can use to scan my GC isos with the help of the redump.org dat file?

Thx
Rajam

Post by Rajam » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 am

Hello guys; don't know if I had bad luck checking Redump.org, but the page is down, and it means I can't get the gc and wii dat files... do you know where can I get them?

Thanks in advance!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 am

Rajam

Post by Rajam » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:47 am

uh thanks, but I don't quite understand what I have to do with those... files? Since a directory appears with gc and wii dat, but they're not download-able... do I have to make a .txt file, copy the content, and save them as dat files?
dilav

Post by dilav » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:56 am

Rajam wrote:uh thanks, but I don't quite understand what I have to do with those... files? Since a directory appears with gc and wii dat, but they're not download-able... do I have to make a .txt file, copy the content, and save them as dat files?
That or simply save the page, or right click the dat files in the dir and save link as.
luke9511

Post by luke9511 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:20 am

hello im trying to rip games to my usb hd and i get a message that says error mounting device how do i fix this?
metalgearjay

Post by metalgearjay » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:55 am

Obviously doesn't look like this forum is checked too frequently but thought I'd try posting here regardless (was directed by wiibrew.org for support issues). I specifically installed the Homebrew Channel, and subsequently CleanRip 1.0.5, all because I'm trying to run Dolphin on my PC and I'm one of the 99% of people who rawdump doesn't work for. I obviously have a Wii and Wii discs but thought it might be neat to tweak the visuals on an emulator. Anyway, I was using CleanRip with a 2GB USB Flash (my largest USB storage device). I set it to Dual Layered (because the game is), 1GB Chunk Size, and New Device for Each Chunk (because I was going to unload the 1GB chunk from the drive to my PC, delete it from the USB drive, and plug the drive back into my Wii to receive the next chunk, repeat, etc). The first chunk was fine and I "seemingly" deleted it from my USB Drive after copying it to my PC, but when I went to unload the second chunk I saw the first chunk was back on the USB Drive along with the second. They both couldn't be there because the drive isn't big enough, but I decided not to worry, copied part two, deleted both parts, and put the drive back in my Wii. This time when I went to unload chunk three, my computer told me that my USB drive was damaged and offered to run a scan. I let it, it claimed to fix the problem, and when I opened the drive I saw chunks one, two, and three - all half the file size they were supposed to be (chunks one and two obviously shouldn't have been there at all). After unloading the small part three, I put the drive back into the Wii where I was greeted with a "Write Error" and an automatic exit. I tried this all a second time with the extra step of formatting the USB drive in-between each unload to be sure that it wasn't the drive somehow retaining the files. Same thing happened. So, basically it seems like the app is putting all of the chunks on whatever device is plugged into the Wii (whether you want it to or not). Is there something I'm missing here? Should I try an earlier version?

Best.

EDIT: Did some more reading and noticed that others (Sintendo, in particular) were having the same exact problem with 1.0.4.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:22 am

That's quite unfortunate but all I can recommend is that you buy a larger device. It's impossible for me to diagnose such an issue.

Recommended size settings are 32kb cluster size or smaller with Fat32. Try a different way to format too such as the Panasonic SD formatter.
metalgearjay

Post by metalgearjay » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Not a huge deal. Just hoping for a simple workaround.

Allocation was set for 32kb, but I'll look into different formatting options. Still convinced it's something with the app though as multiple other people on the forum have been mentioning problems (often with identical symptoms) when they use drives that aren't large enough for the entire game (again Sintendo, BigRobotBil, and qwerty) and the source that user GrEvilKin offered as a solution to a 1.0.4 issue specifically stated that a feature was "- Dumping only on USB drive with enough space to hold the whole dump (expect errors otherwise)". Don't know if that was something he noticed in the original build or something he added, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Thanks for the advice and quick response. At some point I'll just pony up for a larger USB drive as they've become incredibly inexpensive in the past several years.

Peace.
EliLuc

Post by EliLuc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:40 am

New to CleanRip. But have been running HomeBrew for years. I, like many, have been playing with Dolphin and happened across CleanRip when looking for a way to dump Wii ISO's.

The app seems to work ok but halfway through a dump to USB (FAT/16GB) it crashes back to the HomeBrew Channel.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm ripping with Dual Layer set to Yes, Chunk Size to Max, and New Device set to No. (attempting to rip 'New SMB Wii')
megalomaniac

Post by megalomaniac » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:29 am

Maximum file size for FAT16 or FAT32 = 4GB
emu_kidid wrote: beer is like WD40 for megalomaniac's brain, gets the gears moving
>>> BadAssConsoles.com <<<

Image Image Image
EliLuc

Post by EliLuc » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 am

Ah. That's right! Wow, its been years since I thought about FAT32 limits.

Thanks.
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:38 am

Also, NSMBWii is not a dual layer game.
aarzee

Post by aarzee » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Hello, I'm having a problem with this software, trying to rip a game. I keep getting an error message about failing to create a .iso file.

Basic notes:
  • I have the latest vWii and Wii U system firmware, and the latest stable CleanRip.
    The game is Bit.Trip Complete.
    I'm trying to rip to a 32GB SDHC card.
    I have to manually choose the Wii disc option.
    I've been using the default options (not dual layer, 1GB chunk size, new device per chunk).
    The explicit error is Failed to create file: fat:/****.part0.iso (where **** is a jumble of random special characters)
I would appreciate any help, and I'd be glad to give any more info.
Sintendo

Post by Sintendo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:06 pm

I guess CleanRip isn't compatible with the Wii U?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:45 am

I need to release a fix for Wii U when I get back into development for it.
boozezela

Post by boozezela » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 am

Emu_kidid, I have a question that's not included in the FAQ:

What is the difference between CleanRip and the ripping facility included in Swiss?

Thank you.
Gamecube DOL-001 (EUR)
Viper GC Extreme + Cobra 2.1
SD Card Adapter
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 am

The ripping in CleanRip for GameCube is basically the same as Swiss but with verification via the redump.dat file.

The ripping in CleanRip for Wii is the same as above but with BCA dumping. CleanRip also attempts to make dumping faster and it can split files/supports USB/NTFS/etc.
boozezela

Post by boozezela » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Thank you for the clarification.

Would it make sense for you to drop the ripping facility within Swiss and just check for the presence of the CleanRip executable on the SD card?
If the executable is present, Swiss would show the option to rip games and just launch CleanRip.

This would allow you not to worry about integrating the code in Swiss and the Swiss executable could be smaller.

Cheers.
Gamecube DOL-001 (EUR)
Viper GC Extreme + Cobra 2.1
SD Card Adapter
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:21 pm

Swiss executable isn't any larger cause of disc ripping, it's all encompassed under the same file copy behaviour that is used for all files on all devices. The disc is just treated as another file.
Terry_Suave

Issue with Cleanrip?

Post by Terry_Suave » Tue May 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Hello, I'm very new with homebrewing in general. I've been trying to dump my gamecube games using CleanRip 1.04 and now 1.05 on the Wii. I've succesfully dumped three games so far (Nightfire, Everything or Nothing, THUG2), but now every time I try it gives me a message that says Motor Off (1.04) or Unrecoverable Read Error (1.05). This is happening with PSO and Luigi's Mansion. I haven't yet tried any others.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

Update: I tried cleaning the discs. Luigi's Mansion successfully dumped. I also successfully dumped POP: Sands of Time. However, PSO is now generating the error "No Seek Complete". The disc has played fine for years in 3 different gamecubes and a wii, so it can't be bad, can it?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue May 07, 2013 10:14 pm

I believe it can be bad. GameCube discs are padded with what is known as "garbage data" to fill out all the areas on the disc. When you play a game, it's likely that these are never read, so you can play the game fine, but when you try to dump it, it will give those messages as seen above. In 1.0.4 you see the "Motor Off" as it's a bug, I report the status of the drive after I've stopped the motor from receiving an error, which is why you see Motor Off as the error message. In 1.0.5 I've fixed it, which is why you correctly see the Unrecoverable read error.

Give it another clean/buff or try a Wii with a better laser and it might dump.
Terry_Suave

Post by Terry_Suave » Thu May 09, 2013 1:00 am

Fascinating, I've never heard of this "garbage data" thing before. And yes, it seems that my disc is simply bad. I dumped another 5 or so games, so I'm fairly convinced it is the disc. I suppose I'll have to find a good copy somewhere.

I do however want to thank you so much for making this program, it is freakin great.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu May 09, 2013 1:05 am

Glad to be of help.