Mario Kart: Double Dash (GCN/AR/PAL)

Game Hacks, Trainers, Cheats

Moderator: Ralf@gc-forever

KrazyBro

Re: Mario Kart: Double Dash (GCN/AR/PAL)

Post by KrazyBro » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:42 pm

Purely random spiny shell target code, basically nobody is safe. Another possible code, thunderbolt cooldown? Playing with purely random items, computers spam the thunderbolt very often.
adro.duke

Post by adro.duke » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:52 pm

Are you able to make a code where you can adjust how fast the ai goes when they use a mushroom or star?
stoopdogg

Post by stoopdogg » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:58 am

Hello its been 3 years but I am back. I hope everyone is safe and healthy in these times. ralf quick question, do you know by chance what the max limit to Item limitation is for Item on inventory and Items on track without the game crashing? I think of maybe making Videos on YouTube with these Mods, crediting you and linking this page on the description too.

Also, I did a lot of testing just today, ralf do you think there is a way to fix the crash of the game if for each item you use the maximal item limitations? I am most certain it is somehow possible. logically it should be able to proceed to the next game, esp. since we have now very strong hardware in terms of performance.

At last ralf, can you give me a tip on how I can look into the source codes myself so I can figure things outmyself. ( to take a little work of you), I am lookin forward about learning much more about how these kinds of things work.
Ralf@gc-forever

Post by Ralf@gc-forever » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:47 am

It's a memory problem and there's no fix for it. The max item limits depending on the courses and the different item types (e.g. a Chain Chomp needs ten times more memory than a Green Shell). IIRC, the most complex course (memory wise) is the Peach Beach course, so if an item limit code is working here, then it should be working for all other courses too.
stoopdogg

Post by stoopdogg » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:22 am

damn... If we only could connect the memory source codes with the memory of the device we emulate the game on.

1. what is the maximum amount of memory usage per track?

2. can u actually give a list of the amount of memory usage from all the items, tracks and whatever else impacts the memory?

3. at last, is there a possibilty of a purely random Bob-omb blast color? we have the Smoke and the Bob-omb model, but the explosion color change would be the cherry on top.

again, thanks for your time and work you put into these codes. I still have a massive amount of fun with Mario Kart DD through your codes.