Datel SD Media Launcher (product change)

Game Hacks, Trainers, Cheats

Moderator: Ralf@gc-forever

jlo138

Datel SD Media Launcher (product change)

Post by jlo138 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:47 pm

A youtuber commented on my channel saying he ordered his SDML and Datel sent him the Action Replay disc with it instead. He wasn't happy but I advised him to contact them through support and see if they could send the correct disc.
This is the reply he received:

Further to your email the latest enclosed Action Replay disc is compatible with all Wii console firmware updates and contains the SD Media Launcher software in addition to the Action Replay software. When loading the enclosed Action Replay disc with the SD Media Launcher hardware and your SD card inserted the SD Media Launcher software will be displayed.

Yours sincerely,

Codejunkies

I asked him to test it out but he hasn't replied back yet on the results. This is just a heads up for those looking to buy one.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: Datel SD Media Launcher (product change)

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:39 pm

nice if it works on all Wii's, maybe they threw in SDHC compatibility!?
jlo138

Post by jlo138 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:39 am

I didn't even think about that... I'll contact the youtuber when I get a chance.
.timil retcarahc 552 a si erehT .ekam uoy stsop ot dedda eb nac taht txet fo kcolb a si sihT
Paul.str

Post by Paul.str » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:50 pm

I have a newer (2-3 year old) SDML disc.

When you boot the disc without an sd gekko inserted, or have an SDHC card inserted in the gekko, the discs boots up like an action replay.

It just gives the disc function if you don't have any hardware.
jlo138

Post by jlo138 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:25 am

I got mine last year. I bought two at separate times and they don't have AR built in. But yeah, I've had two people on yt post this to me. (Basically they thought they received the wrong disc but it has both softwares).

Edit: So it still doesn't allow sdhc cards. The yt poster just told me that, but it does have both softwares and works as a SDML once you insert a non sdhc card. Looks like we're still using the swap method.