Bloody Roar Extreme (GCN/AR/NTSC-J)

Game Hacks, Trainers, Cheats

Moderator: Ralf@gc-forever

Big Bang Blitz

Bloody Roar Extreme (GCN/AR/NTSC-J)

Post by Big Bang Blitz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:43 pm

This seems to be the best place to put these since I want em to spread around. The following is my Facebook post verbatim -

----------------------------------------
I spent the last few days learning how to manipulate console RAM. There was a pretty good reason, and that reason was to create the ultimate Bloody Roar! I'm proud to announce I have finally succeeded.

First off, thanks to DeadlyRaveNeo for the idea. What's the idea? Primal Fury is nerfed. The original Japanese release has a number of advantages over the other regions.
1. Cool Animes.
2. Progressive scan is enabled (makes the game look way nicer.)
3. It has an extra character only otherwise present in the Xbox release of Extreme.
4. Less cringy voices

some other stuff too. Plainly put it's the best one.
That's fine if you're doing normal stuff, but we want to play it over Dolphin, so that introduces problems. Memory cards can't be used so you can't use cheats or unlockable characters or anything memory card related and no widescreen hacks exist for that version. In fact no codes exist, which leads to this point. Also movies and some other effects don't render at all.

Let's fix it!

Open the game's config in Dolphin and replace it with this -
[Core]
# Values set here will override the main Dolphin settings.
[EmuState]
EmulationStateId = 4
EmulationIssues = Needs real xfb for videos to display.
[OnLoad]
# Add memory patches to be loaded once on boot here.
[Video_Settings]
UseXFB = True
UseRealXFB = True
[ActionReplay]
$Unlock
041AAFF0 FFFFFFFF
$Cheats
041AAFF4 FFFFFFFF
$Movies
041AAFE8 FFFFFFFF
041AAFF4 FFFFFFFF
$Widescreen
0410453C C3A29F0C
04202EAC 3FE38E39
[ActionReplay_Enabled]
$Unlock
$Cheats
$Movies
$Widescreen

Then enable the cheats in the game properties and it's all set. What this bit of config does is that it sets up the game to use the correct renderer, and adds Action Replay codes that I ported that most definitely do not exist anywhere on the internet. Enables all the characters cheats, movies (might as well) and makes the game true widescreen, rendering all objects outside the overscan area.
I'm super happy about it. Next up I want to figure out how to unlock the DreamMix TV World Fighters characters though I don't honestly know if I can.

---------------------------

So basically use the correct render mode and the codes are:

Unlock All Characters
041AAFF0 FFFFFFFF

Unlock All Cheats
041AAFF4 FFFFFFFF

Unlock All Movies
041AAFE8 FFFFFFFF
041AAFF4 FFFFFFFF

Widescreen
0410453C C3A29F0C
04202EAC 3FE38E39