I've been looking into creating some mods for the gamecube versions of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life and Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life.
So far, I've been able to understand the TPL files (textures, explorable with BrawlBox), ARC files (U8 archives, explorable with BrawlBox or CTools SZS Explorer), MES files (dialogue, viewable with the A(n)WL MES Editor), THP (videos, viewable in VLC Media Player), GPL files (geometry files / 3D models, referred to in the official Gamecube/Dolphin SDK).
However, there's one file that I'm unable to open/edit, CLZ files.
I haven't been able to find any information about these files, but from what I can tell via hex editing, they appear to be some form of archive.
I've found file headers for other files (e.g. u8 archives, tpl files, etc) embedded within the clz files, but with some data not following standard conventions (likely the result of some compression method).
The header for the clz files follows the following format:
- Offset | Size | Description
- 0x00 | 4 bytes | CLZ file identifier [43 4c 5a 00]
- 0x04 | 4 bytes | unknown variable [e.g. 00 63 ad 40 for one particular example file]
- 0x08 | 4 bytes | null space [00 00 00 00]
- 0x0c | 4 bytes | unknown variable, repeats that of 0x04 [e.g. 00 63 ad 40 for the above example]
- 0x10 | 1 byte | null terminator 
- 0x11 | variable | First compressed file in clz archive, in this case a U8 arc file [e.g. 55 aa 38 2d … for the above example file]
If so, do you have any advice for reading them?