GameSave Modding

Game Hacks, Trainers, Cheats

Moderator: Ralf@gc-forever

CORE316

GameSave Modding

Post by CORE316 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:50 am

Hi anyone know how to resign GameCube Saves if they even need Resigned? I lost all my damn Saves from NIntendont I Formatted my Drive but copied saves onto SSD first But my SSD Shit a Brick and y Saves are gone For most games I dont mind going through again but Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance those damn Krypts and Konquest mode is damn annoying so I got a Save and tryed Hexing the profile name to match mine CORE. XXXX To CORE but im getting corrupt save.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Re: GameSave Modding

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:25 am

CORE316 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:50 am
Hi anyone know how to resign GameCube Saves if they even need Resigned? I lost all my damn Saves from NIntendont I Formatted my Drive but copied saves onto SSD first But my SSD Shit a Brick and y Saves are gone For most games I dont mind going through again but Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance those damn Krypts and Konquest mode is damn annoying so I got a Save and tryed Hexing the profile name to match mine CORE. XXXX To CORE but im getting corrupt save.
Save games utilise checksums to avoid corruption which it sounds like what you're running into. Sometimes the checksum is easy, one way to figure it out would be to make 2 new game saves and only change the name of the file name each time to see what else changes in the file (using a hex editor compare). It's usually more effort than it's worth, especially if it's just to change the filename.
CORE316

Re: GameSave Modding

Post by CORE316 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanx for the help I see what you mean about comparing the changes it more or less hit and miss, Guess I am gonna have to do it the old fashion way and play.
But that damn krypt is so tedious worse is that daft Konquest Mode, If only I had a good Action Replay Code to Complete Konquest and Unlock all in Krypt.