PSO Ep. I & II (GC): Red Ring Rico

Game Hacks, Trainers, Cheats

Moderator: Ralf@gc-forever

Project D

PSO Ep. I & II (GC): Red Ring Rico

Post by Project D » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:41 am

Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1&2 (GP0E8P), Gamecube, NTSC-U

This is an issue that's plagued me for almost twenty years now, I'm hoping someone here can help. I've been trying to swap my character out for Red Ring Rico since I first got my Gamecube, and I just can't get it to work. I've found several different Action Replay codes, none have ever worked. One even gave instructions on getting the code to work offline by loading into a quest while holding Z, no dice. I've tried Ralf's codes, no dice. I tried the WiiRD codes via Swiss, hoping maybe it was an issue with my Action Replay. Still, no dice. I've made new characters as both a HUmar and as a RAmarl with all design options set to 1, no dice. Other cheats work just fine, I just can't get any of the character model modifier codes working. Years of Google searches have yielded absolutely nothing, leading me to believe that I am doing something fundamentally wrong but I can't see the forest for the trees, as it were. If anyone out there can clue me in to what I'm doing wrong, I would be forever grateful. Thanks!
"I'm trying to softmod my Gamecube, how the hell did I brick my Wii?"
Ralf@gc-forever

Re: PSO Ep. I & II (GC): Red Ring Rico

Post by Ralf@gc-forever » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:59 am

Hmm... my "Play as Rico" code is working fine. Anyway, you must always create a new character with the activated Rico code, my "Play as NPC" codes are not able to transform an already existing character into a NPC.
capzlk

Re: PSO Ep. I & II (GC): Red Ring Rico

Post by capzlk » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:12 pm

Ralf@gc-forever wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:59 am
Hmm... my "Play as Rico" code is working fine. Anyway, you must always create a new character with the activated Rico code, my "Play as NPC" codes are not able to transform an already existing character into a NPC.
this is the same as it was in the old days, you need to make a new character. Used to be a Humar. I've seen a few sonic & friends, rico, flowen, and GM aka 'ninja' characters walk around back when sega was still online. it's more of a party trick thing than something most people will seriously play with, for this reason.

I probably would have known if there was another way because i was part of the PSOGC AR code making scene back in the day. But i'd be happy to be proven wrong :)