Burn an sd launcher to play from sd gecko

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
sloukking

Burn an sd launcher to play from sd gecko

Post by sloukking » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:15 pm

hiii everyone

i have an sd gecko and a locked gC but without an SD Loader wont read any iso i think.

You know if i burn in a ritek mini dvd some launch file i can make to work my own sd launcher? like the action replay dvd

i read its posible but im not sure how, also im looking for the necessary files so if you gimme me the download links would be great because i dont know where to get it.

i want to run my sd gecko on slot B so i think i need and sd launcher for slot b

im totally noob btw so explanations with apples would be cool thoug. thx
andzlay

Re: Burn an sd launcher to play from sd gecko

Post by andzlay » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi sloukking,

you could burn SWISS to a mini dvd, but to actually start the burnt disc with your cube you need a modchip, like a xenogc.
That modchip needs to be soldered in. If you don't want to mess with that, you could either buy an SD media launcher which includes a disc that can be booted with an unmodded Game Cube. The other option would be to use a game exploit like Home Bros. Depends on which games you own, there are exploits for several games.
sloukking

Post by sloukking » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:28 pm

oh! i was almost sure that it was possible to softmod a GC by just burning an SD Launcher that redirects to the SDGecko -with Swiss instaled- on Slot B. Sad to know that those are the only options

im looking for a way to play easily without mods on GC. People where i live i think would be interested on a homemade SD Launcher so they can play Melee and other great gc multiplayer games, seeing that there are so many gc controllers around.

thx for ur answer!
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:59 am

Yes, you need some way to boot code, you can find some methods here