US SD Media Launcher on JP GameCube?

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
pld__

US SD Media Launcher on JP GameCube?

Post by pld__ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:37 pm

Hey guys,

I would like to use the GBi software on my japanese GameCube and I have read that you can use the SD Media Launcher to boot GBi on the GameCube. Now I have found Codejunkies in the UK which are selling the SD Media Launcher as Euro and US version and my question is if I can use the US version on my JP system or do I need a JP SD Media Launcher (if such a thing even exists). Thanks in advance.
Sierron

Re: US SD Media Launcher on JP GameCube?

Post by Sierron » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:06 am

It's probably easier to get an japanese copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee. and use a game exploit or any other japanese game which can be exploited.
Own a couple PAL and JPN cubes. And three BBAs. Homeland and PSO I/II.
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:22 am

SD Media Launcher was released in Japan. I don't know much else at the moment.
http://lbp.jugem.jp/?eid=36
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:51 pm

I have euro version of SDML and it works on my mod free japanese Cube.

But as always dont expect that crappy sd card reader which comes with the disc to work correctly.
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City
Sierron

Post by Sierron » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:42 am

Hmm, Just tried an Action Replay disc (the one without add cheats option) and my japanese gamecube said nope. :(
Own a couple PAL and JPN cubes. And three BBAs. Homeland and PSO I/II.
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:07 pm

wii_HD wrote:I have euro version of SDML and it works on my mod free japanese Cube.

But as always dont expect that crappy sd card reader which comes with the disc to work correctly.
My euro SDML needs freeloader in order to boot in my Japanese 1.0.
wii_HD

Post by wii_HD » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:32 pm

The disc does not boot every time.

caveat - but I put that down to the lens being dirty as the top of my japanese Cube has being off for years now after I failed to make a wavebird reciever case install.

Infact to start with the console did not boot any J region game. So I used some Kenair duster and isopropyl alcohol.

After trying and trying SDML showed on the gameplay tab and did indeed boot. My freeloader gives No Disc error.

I still need to clean the Cube up some more and put the top back on - finally :oops: but if I get a consistent boot I will report back.

My Japanese Cube is from a GameCube and GameBoy Player combo pack and to be honest the laser should still be perfectly fine as the hours logged aint massive as I transplanted a US region GameCube into the Spice case and used that Cube the most.

EDIT: update.
I have not been able to replicate native loading SDML on my Japanese Cube without the use of FreeLoader.

On a sad note my V1.06B FreeLoader does not work anyone more on either NTSC J - NTSC US or PAL Cubes but
my FreeLoader V1.06b is still working for now.
Playing - Super Mario Sunshine - DariusBurst CS - Hotline Miami 2 - Rpi2 Lakka - X360 BurnOut Paradise City