AR KARAT Japan -How to get it work with Swiss or SDload

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
hyrulebr

AR KARAT Japan -How to get it work with Swiss or SDload

Post by hyrulebr » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi

I have a japanese Gamecube and also got a AR KARAT (version 1.2a) that permits to add new codes. My gamecube was never open, so I don't have modchip ot other homebrew access method.

I bought a SD adapter like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141246674593?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I put the memory card in slot b (AR jp didn't work without it) and the sd with adapter in slot A.

I realize that I have a old version of AR (I can add new codes) so AR didn't reads SD card without a code. I already digit that 29 lines codes 5 times! (3 times to just understand the interface, since everything but the keyboard are in japanese).

In the last tries the SDLOAD code just gone from game code list! It happens twice: I digit the (m) code, after digit the 29 lines code. It freezes the screen for just a seconds, so I think it was saving my code. After that I select the SDLOAD CODE (with the flag in the left) and push start. I open the lid and close but it's not reading the sd card. If I cancel or turn off the console, SDLOAD still selected but stil don't work., If I turn back to code selection screen where is my SDLOAD code? Is gone!!!

The strange thing is that I think the code is there, because if I try to add the same code again the AR gives me a sound like "this code already exist in the database". I cannot say for sure because everything is in japanese. But if I put a new memory card I can add the code again....

I tried the SD card with swiss/GBI and with SDLOAD, but I don't know if the SD card was prepared correctly because I run sdpatch in windows 10. But I have to first solve AR code problem to after see what to do to fix SD card problem (if even there is a problem there).

This japanese AR doesn't have a option to select the region code (USA flag) as I see in some videos. Maybe this code is just for USA AR?

Anyone have some tips or info that could help me?

Thanks
hyrulebr

Re: AR KARAT Japan -How to get it work with Swiss or SDload

Post by hyrulebr » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Just one more info. My SD adapter is working because I tested in HBC in a softmod wii.
theclaw

Post by theclaw » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:19 am

It looks like the code is different.
http://nekokabu.s7.xrea.com/dol/sdload.html
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:39 pm

theclaw wrote:It looks like the code is different.
Thanks! I'll try this one latter.
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:16 pm

theclaw wrote:It looks like the code is different.
Well, it didn't work.

I tried twice and got (probably) a error message (in japanese) with a sound. See attached message.

I'm having two problems:

First I can't get the 29 page code working as I told before.

Second I can't format the SD card with sdpatch.exe. I tried:

- Make Win XP virtual machine to just format the sd. But after many tries I give up because I can't add a SD card reader in virtual machine..

- Make sdpatch.dol working in Wii. I have a softmod wii (DVD-R don't work) and use Gamecube Homebrew laucher (MIOSPatchingWADInstaller didn't work - it's not a valid Wii apllication)
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Gamecub ... #Downloads

And also tried Wii homebrew launcher but without sucess
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Homebrew_Launcher

But after many tries and change .dol and elf files I manage to get SDload_r2 showing at Homebrew channel as a app. But the screen seams to freeze asking me to add a sd card into slot A and press start. I tried to press start and all buttons and use all gamecube controllers ports. Also tried with two different SD card (non SDHC 2GB).

If I get a modchip wii (that accept DVD-R) can I have more sucess to use sdpatch.dol? My friend have one. How I do it? Unfortunately none of my friends have a modchip gamecube...

Anyone know if AR or SD launcher US works with japanese gamecube? Which version?

Thanks

Mauricio
Attachments
IMG_5058.JPG
Error message trying to add a 29 pages code (japanese code)
(3.59 MiB) Not downloaded yet
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:52 pm

It's very likely the cheat doesn't work with Japanese AR - Japanese Wind Waker is fairly cheap if you don't have it already and then you could use it with this: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3311
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Wind waker? I got japanese Smash Bros but it will takes 20 days to arrive. Wind Waker have an easier exploit?
emu_kidid
Site Admin

Post by emu_kidid » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:01 am

hyrulebr wrote:Wind waker? I got japanese Smash Bros but it will takes 20 days to arrive. Wind Waker have an easier exploit?
Yes, Takt of Wind/Wind Waker, it's fairly easy to use, check the link provided in my previous reply :)
hyrulebr

Post by hyrulebr » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:27 am

emu_kidid wrote:Yes, Takt of Wind/Wind Waker, it's fairly easy to use, check the link provided in my previous reply :)
Thanks for the tip. ;)

Got locally a japanese WW copy and probably I will test the exploit on the weekend.