In a pickle (gameboy player)

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
Estlib

In a pickle (gameboy player)

Post by Estlib » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:28 pm

Hello!

I am in a pickle, as the title states. As to how i can use my gameboy player without the original nintendo disk. The main reason i decided to make this topic is because of a couple reasons...

1) I didnt want to hardmod my console to do this one task.
2) i had planned to buy an SD Media launcher as its cheaper to acquire than an actual used gameboy player disc.

But because the region i need is out of stock at codejunkies, without any info on when new stock will come, im essentially missing half my plan to play gameboy games on my gamecube.

Are there any softmod alternatives to SD media launcher that are currently IN STOCK, arent more costly than aqcuiring an original hiked-up-price disc, and dont involve disc swapping. The only job it has to do is run an ISO of the gameboy player disc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
novenary

Re: In a pickle (gameboy player)

Post by novenary » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:04 pm

Unfortunately, there's no other option. You could look for a second hand SDML disc. If you intend to use the GBP startup disc, you will have to burn it and swap the disc, it doesn't work from an SD card. You can however use GameBoy Interface instead.
Estlib

Post by Estlib » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:21 pm

Streetwalker wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:04 pm
Unfortunately, there's no other option. You could look for a second hand SDML disc. If you intend to use the GBP startup disc, you will have to burn it and swap the disc, it doesn't work from an SD card. You can however use GameBoy Interface instead.
Does the gameboy interface require disk-swapping on an unmodified console?
novenary

Post by novenary » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:00 am

No, you just put it on your SD card and load it directly from the SDML or Swiss menu.
migles

Post by migles » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Estlib wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:28 pm
Hello!

I am in a pickle, as the title states. As to how i can use my gameboy player without the original nintendo disk. The main reason i decided to make this topic is because of a couple reasons...

1) I didnt want to hardmod my console to do this one task.
2) i had planned to buy an SD Media launcher as its cheaper to acquire than an actual used gameboy player disc.

But because the region i need is out of stock at codejunkies, without any info on when new stock will come, im essentially missing half my plan to play gameboy games on my gamecube.

Are there any softmod alternatives to SD media launcher that are currently IN STOCK, arent more costly than aqcuiring an original hiked-up-price disc, and dont involve disc swapping. The only job it has to do is run an ISO of the gameboy player disc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
not sure if you still are looking for this since it was in june that you posted...
you can easily load GBI (the replacement gba player software) with a basic memory card and a game exploit
i just got a sd media launcher from datel, it's not worth it... it's utterly expensive and you get the cheapest thing ever made.. the disc is ok, but it's not 30 bucks worth it.
get yourself an exploitable game, put the modified save in the memory card and put gbi as "boot.dol" in that memory card
not sure if a basic 59 blocks will be enough (it is not for pokemon exploits, they waste 48 blocks) but a 251 will be fine
https://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.p ... g_Homebrew
you can put the modified save using a wii, or someone with a way to copy the save into your memory card, maybe someone can either sell you a ready card, or you can send the card to someone to copy the save into it..
this is method is basically like FMCBOOT for the ps2 but you need the game disc to launch it.