Game Save Hacks (Exploits) with integrated DoLauncher

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
Papy.G

Game Save Hacks (Exploits) with integrated DoLauncher

Post by Papy.G » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:20 am

With libogc now supporting SD2SP2, it is time to update the DoLaunchers, and I was wondering, as some savefiles are bigger than others, the exploit doesn't take much space in them see:
007AUF save is as little as 3 blocks, WW one is 12 blocks, that's pretty much as if there is 9 extra blocks in WW save?

So, does the games check for size or specific structure in their own savefiles before loading? Can a savefile be bigger or smaller than an expected size (the one indicated on the game's box…)?

Is it possible to integrate a DoLauncher straight into a gamesave?
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
NiHuShu

Re: Game Save Hacks (Exploits) with integrated DoLauncher

Post by NiHuShu » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:54 pm

It might be off-topic but I've made a version of brosexec that allows to boot from SD2SP2 https://github.com/NiHuShu/dolaunch/tre ... r/brosexec
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:20 pm

Yes, but in the PR, I suggested to let down SlotA if there was no way to do better, but to keep SlotB possibility, for those who play alternatively on Dol-001 and RVL-001/Dol-101 with the same memcard.

It seems that IPL boot can be used from an exploit, and it knows how to boot from SD in SP2, Slot A and B, usb in slot A and B, and is only 9 blocks Big, so I asked for something that basically already existed. :oops:

EDIT: Sorry, I hadn't seen that you had made a full slots scanning version in the meantime, so it is really nice, but while I can reach the source, I can't manage to find any release for this…
Can you please contact Suloku and see if it is possible to make a release (and keep it in the main branch)?

IPLBoot doesn't work with SP2 the way I expected in the version I tested.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)
NiHuShu

Post by NiHuShu » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:51 pm

I did post a pull request, he would just need to accept it which he hasn't done that yet for some reason. Also so you have SD Gecko? if so you could test it in both ports + with SD2SP2 because I don't have SD Gecko so I had to guess that code that I wrote should work
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:22 pm

Ok, he didn't code for the GC for long, and his building setup is not ready, as he stated there.
Anyways, he sent me your build, as I didn't manage to find it.

So I tested:
DOL-001 SlotB - OK
DOL-001 SP2 - OK
DOL-101 SlotB -OK
RVL-001 SlotB - OK
I have the hardware, and since I don't code the least thing I can do to help is test.

But the readme states 11 blocks, while now it takes 15 ones.

We'll see later when IPLBoot is fixed, we'll be able to get as low as 8 or 9 blocks.

NiHuShu

Post by NiHuShu » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:55 am

ok, thanks for the test :D
WkrGC

Post by WkrGC » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:05 pm

NiHuShu wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:54 pm
It might be off-topic but I've made a version of brosexec that allows to boot from SD2SP2 https://github.com/NiHuShu/dolaunch/tre ... r/brosexec
Excuse my clumsiness.
Is there a boot.gci compiled that starts from SD2SP2?
This would only require a 59-blocks memory card and SD2SP2.
Swiss doesn't fit that memory.
The Gecko would not be needed.

Would this do?
https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewt ... 136#p45136
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Indeed, NiHuSu's Dolauncher does exactly that and is only 15-blocks, the link you posted is the right one.
Or you can boot SD2SP2 from GBI, that is only 33-blocks, but it is not recommended to boot it from a memcard, as well as SWISS, for other reasons better than the block size.

You have to add the block size of the exploits you want to use, but it may fit on the smallest Memcard unless you have too many games you want to boot from.

And don't forget to set the volume for saving settings to SD2SP2.

WkrGC

Post by WkrGC » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:02 pm
Indeed, NiHuSu's Dolauncher does exactly that and is only 15-blocks, the link you posted is the right one.
I've tried several times but I can't get launch swiss to run from an SD in SD2SP2.

In 59-blocks Memory card:
boot.cgi (from brosexec_nihusu_sd2sp2.zip)
gzlp.gci (from WWHack-GC-v1.1.1.zip)

In SD:
swiss_r766-compressed.dol renamed to autoexec.dol in root.
gbi.dol, gbihf.dol & gbisr.dol.
paks.

Thanks for advance.

Edit. I finally got it, I don't know what the problem was. SD2SP2 does not make good contact and perhaps did not read the SD well.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:35 am

NiHuShu wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:54 pm
Did you compress the Dol before converting it to GCI?
Ledu205 did it on his attempt to add SD2SP2 compatibility to the Viper's IPL, and had good results, he reduced it to 10 blocks from 18, and seems to work as well as before.

toxic9

Post by toxic9 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have a modded version (w/ sd2sp2 support) of brosexecconf ?

Many thanks
UmbreonDC

Re: Game Save Hacks (Exploits) con DoLauncher integrado

Post by UmbreonDC » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:05 pm

I have installed a Mod to gamecube that adds an SD reader emulating the SD Gecko, I think it works only that I have not been able to test it because I do not have a game from the SAVE MOD Exploit list, I only have Ed, Edd'n Eddy The MIs-EDventures and Super Mario Sunshine NTSC, Super Mario Sunshine NTSC is ruled out, as for the Ed's game, if you load multiple games like Zelda, it has collectibles, (Coins, Candies, Costumes and Easter Eggs) and Free space in the file (Maybe), will it be possible to create or make compatible the exploit to load Swiss and use the internal SD Gecko?
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:15 am

If you're skilled enough to do it, why not. That'd add to the long list of exploited games. 8-)
Otherwise, there are some Games in the list you should be able to get for cheap, if $5 is cheap enough for you, unless you're in a country where second-hand games are extremely expensive or hard to find. ;)
toxic9 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:21 pm
Almost everybody is probably using it nowadays. NiHuSu added SD2SP2 to Suloku's original work.

UmbreonDC

Re: Game Save Hacks (Exploits) con DoLauncher integrado

Post by UmbreonDC » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Papy.G wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:15 am
If you're skilled enough to do it, why not. That'd add to the long list of exploited games. 8-)
Otherwise, there are some Games in the list you should be able to get for cheap, if $5 is cheap enough for you, unless you're in a country where second-hand games are extremely expensive or hard to find. ;)
toxic9 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:21 pm
Almost everybody is probably using it nowadays. NiHuSu added SD2SP2 to Suloku's original work.
I can read code if I learn how the bases are and how to look for the vulnerability of games, maybe I could contribute some titles like that of the ed's, or some of sports, I can not guarantee anything. :?: