CleanRip for GC: Am I blind or just dumb?

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
Project D

CleanRip for GC: Am I blind or just dumb?

Post by Project D » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:43 am

Ok, so I'm finally diving into the Gamecube modding scene after all these years. I have a second Gamecube coming in the mail that I intend to dump all the mods into, but while I'm waiting I thought I'd give softmodding a crack on my old Gamecube. I decided that going the AR route would be the most feasible, given what I have on hand at the moment. Boy, has that been an absolute headache of a learning curve! I've been tackling this for the past two days, and I think I'm finally at the point where I'm ready to hit the ol' launch button. I dug an old 128 MB SD card out of storage, I have a wiikey adapter, SD2SP2 with the thicc microSD installed, my Action Replay codes written into the database, finally found the SD Load ZIP with the patcher that will work in Windows 10, latest version of Swiss, I am down to make this happen! The only problem I have left is CleanRip. I downloaded the latest version from emukidid's GitHub so I could have that yummy SD2SP2 support, but...well, I can't find a .DOL file. I can't find *anything* on how to get the program onto my Gamecube. Everything references running it on the Wii, which would be fine and dandy if the G/D thing hadn't up and bricked itself last night. That's a headache for another day. But for today, my Wii is not an available resource.

So...what am I missing? Is the .DOL file missing from the current release? Was it omitted? Am I missing something painfully obvious? Is there not actually a Gamecube version for the latest release (which makes no sense, if it has SD2SP2 support)? Should I not be looking for a .DOL file? I'm at my wits' end here.
"I'm trying to softmod my Gamecube, how the hell did I brick my Wii?"
Project D

Re: CleanRip for GC: Am I blind or just dumb?

Post by Project D » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:50 am

*sigh* Ok, I'm definitely both blind and dumb. Not five minutes after I posted this, I found the answer on my own. Unfortunately, I'm not super familiar with the way GitHub is set up. I finally noticed, near the top of the project page, the tab marked "Releases." That's where the actual file is. Hopefully my embarrassment will help others with similar observational difficulties.
"I'm trying to softmod my Gamecube, how the hell did I brick my Wii?"