Ways to start Swiss on a Japanese GC console

Discussion / Support for Softmods (SDML, AR, Game Hacks)
Zero_Black20

Ways to start Swiss on a Japanese GC console

Post by Zero_Black20 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:32 pm

Hello. I am looking for a soft mod way to start Swiss on my Japanese GC console. It's an Digital Out console and only own this one GC console, i.e. I don't have an EU/US model here to change the board or something. I hope someone knows a way. Hardmod with XenoGC chip I want to avoid because I'm not a fan of hardmods and have no one to solder or anything. I don't have a steady hand myself and the others around me have never soldered anything.
Srandista

Re: Ways to start Swiss on a Japanese GC console

Post by Srandista » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:48 pm

There is several games, which supports Japanese exploited save games. Namely Animal Crossing, F-Zero GX, Pokemon Colosseum and XD, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. From these, I'm recommending either Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, due to faster executing exploit then other ones. Then, you need to memory card with exploited save, you can get this either by using hacked Wii and GCMM (if you have one) or you need to buy memory card on eBay with save game exploit already on it. If you need to buy a card, contact seller with request for specific save on it (Japan one). Check this video for details.

With the game and memory card you only need to follow the steps to run that exploit for that specific game.
Zero_Black20

Post by Zero_Black20 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:27 pm

Srandista wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:48 pm
There is several games, which supports Japanese exploited save games. Namely Animal Crossing, F-Zero GX, Pokemon Colosseum and XD, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. From these, I'm recommending either Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, due to faster executing exploit then other ones. Then, you need to memory card with exploited save, you can get this either by using hacked Wii and GCMM (if you have one) or you need to buy memory card on eBay with save game exploit already on it. If you need to buy a card, contact seller with request for specific save on it (Japan one). Check this video for details.

With the game and memory card you only need to follow the steps to run that exploit for that specific game.
Hello. Thanks for your Answer. That helps me a lot. I will then go in search of a cheap working disc. The SD2SP2 adapter and the SD card adapter for the save slot I have already ordered. I will hire a seller when I have found a disc and bought it.
Papy.G

Post by Papy.G » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:18 am

Don't know if it's still the case, but WindWaker used to be quite cheap in Jap version. Plus it's one of the fastest and easiest loading game to access Swiss.

If you have a Wii (RVL-001) handy, you can write the save exploit on the memcard, loading GCMM from the letterbomb exploit.
DMG/MultiFreq OC/EDGB/EZF Jr, AGB/SC miniSD, NTR/NeoMK3, USG/flashme V8/SC miniSD
DOL001(EUR)/RGB/GCPlug/GBP/SD2SP2, RVL 001(EUR)/RGB/CMP/WiiSD

Zelda WW with Tingle Tuner in split screen was what the GC RF modulator was made for! (Video)